• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA-147 begins switch to the F-35

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Take a stab at answering those questions yourself and see how close you get.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Take a stab at answering those questions yourself and see how close you get.
Ok, I'm game!

1. The unused 18s will be put up for sale on Amazon. As an Amazon Prime member I will get free shipping for my slightly used 18. As an added bonus Amazon will throw in free DASH buttons for oxygen tank refills and biofuel.

2. The -35 lagged since we all know it takes so long to train Marines, you can only get so much across with coloring books as training aids until the integration timeline goes out the window and you have to kick the can and either decrease standards or increase timeline.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
@robav8r and @webmaster don't know it yet, but there is an S-3C study that includes radar absorbent paint, low observable trapezoidal intakes, low IR signature exhaust, and UAS swarm tactics controlled by the rear seat crew positions via a sophisticated data link/telemetry that is highly resistant to jamming. The disruptive technology 6th generation weapons system* will make everything else obsolete when it hits the fleet.

*along with the 5th generation warfare doctrine that is being co-developed to leverage its capabilities

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ That has been talked about for awhile. They wanted to establish a separate man/train/equip structure for JSF.

Judge Q

Judging You
Ok, I'm game!

1. The unused 18s will be put up for sale on Amazon. As an Amazon Prime member I will get free shipping for my slightly used 18. As an added bonus Amazon will throw in free DASH buttons for oxygen tank refills and biofuel.

2. The -35 lagged since we all know it takes so long to train Marines, you can only get so much across with coloring books as training aids until the integration timeline goes out the window and you have to kick the can and either decrease standards or increase timeline.

What % get Prime?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
^^ That has been talked about for awhile. They wanted to establish a separate man/train/equip structure for JSF.

Oh its separate all right :) As @Python1287 showed us - you would never see any other Navy squadron look this nice!

mlRJbtDe3k3bQLNZIIxB_g8gtyHue4C-TNZEmtH_FvUj-7uW5eqh6zK4SNGHg050qzS9_AOY-KNMTIKV4kxL8FufqVDUyle06owTwQAI_SCCXIGjz8HrHj-g1GETn5J7W_kdXSmT1ZM=w2400

exNavyOffRec

Ok, I'm game!

I just ordered mine, I have prime so it will be here on Friday, I don't think I can hide this order from my wife.......

Judge Q

Judging You
I just ordered mine, I have prime so it will be here on Friday, I don't think I can hide this order from my wife.......

I'm pretty sure there are any number of sitcoms where a guy buys X nice car his wife won't approve of so he keeps it in a friend's garage or at work or something. She always finds out within the half hour but maybe try that?