• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun Property Management LLP

FlybyWired06

Hey all,

Looks like the wife and I will be going with Top Gun Property Management for our housing needs in the Pcola/Whiting area. Anybody have any good/bad experiences with this company? Ted and Beth have seemed helpful thus far, but I'd like to hear how good they are post-lease signing. Let me know, thanks!

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
I don't think I could take a company which calls itself "Top Gun" anything seriously.

FlybyWired06

That might be true, but they seem to have a great set-up, so I won't hold it against them. They also seem to be extremely military friendly (read: no worries about early breaking of the lease:))...all "name jokes" aside, I'm looking for some actually helpful info here...

p.s. you know you looked at this thread because it started with "Top Gun..."

FlybyWired06

Top Gun Property Management has already assured me that they are in no way affiliated with Tom Cruise, his associates, or any new age religious communities...PLEASE, let's limit this to helpful stuff...

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
That might be true, but they seem to have a great set-up, so I won't hold it against them. They also seem to be extremely military friendly (read: no worries about early breaking of the lease:))...all "name jokes" aside, I'm looking for some actually helpful info here...

p.s. you know you looked at this thread because it started with "Top Gun..."

Every lease is required, I believe, to have a early lease termination clause for the military, I believe. I wouldn't use this issue as a differentiator for their performance. Ask base housing and base legal. They are supposed to keep a log of complaints against commercial companies such as this.

pjxc415

pilot
Great people, bottom line. Im in one of their places right now. They do their best to accomodate, and they obviously know what the deal is with guys moving down here for a short period of time and then bouncing to whiting, corpus, etc. Good choice.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I'll jump on the bandwagon for them being good people. I've got some friends who are working through Top Gun for their condo here and they've got nothing but good things to say.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
They came highly recommended to me by a friend who just started primary recently. He says they are good people and will not steer you wrong. For what that's worth.

FlybyWired06

Hey all,

Thanks for the posts. There is definitely a consensus here. Top Gun Property Management, LLC are good people and good managers to go with if in the Pensacola/Whiting area. (Despite the corny name:icon_wink)

I'm already liking them for having rental washer/dryer for half the price of Rent-a-Center....

holloway

I've been renting from them since I arrived in P-cola several months ago. It's run by a recently-retired Marine pilot and his wife. They are extremely military-friendly. The place I've been renting it outstanding and I know several other Marines renting very nice condos and houses from them.

Nomar116

pilot
Our place is also outstanding and we rent from Top Gun. They do not typically advertise on MLA listings so its good to get their name out by word of mouth. They are better than even the most pro-military management companies we interacted with when shopping for a place to rent.

theduke

I have known the owner for a few years (flew with him a number of times in flight school), and he's outstanding. I have never conducted business with him, but I've talked a little about it with him (I'm a stock guy; he's obviously a real estate guy), and I cannot imagine how you'd find anyone better. He's an overall good guy, and he has a mind for business and a finger on the pulse of the local real estate market. If I had the money to spare for a down payment, I wouldn't mind buying some property down there myself and having them rent it for me.