• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Timing of PRK around MEPS and Aviation Physical

YellowJacket7

I am in the process of trying to get selected to go to the winter 2015 Marine OCS (Jan/Feb 2015). I am scheduled to go to MEPS this upcoming Friday (Mar. 14th). My vision is approximately 20/300 uncorrected, and I have worn soft contact lenses for the last 5 years, corrected to 20/20. I am interested in obtaining an SNA slot, but want to get PRK before going to OCS. I was wondering if anyone could share any suggestions on the appropriate timeline for getting the surgery that would still allow me to go to the Jan/Feb 2015 OCC class (I know there is a 6 month waiver period, but does the 6 month hold dictate when you can go for the aviation physical, etc.?). For example, do I need to get the surgery directly after MEPS and before the Aviation physical? Or do I need to wait until after the aviation physical, so long as I can still get the surgery 6 months before the Jan/Feb 2015 class?

Navy Ship

I was trying to do the same thing you are. However, I was told that you must have your PQ (Physical Qualification) before you get an FS (Final Select). If you do not, then you will lose your Pro Rec / your slot.

I'm not sure if there are any loopholes but maybe an OR on here can shed some light about this.