• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

the flight deck as seen by the captain's wife

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
6695095617_96d6b45812_b.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Of course now you'd need a CAC slot to enable the NMCI Tactical computers.
And if you forget your PIN number, the alert launch will be held up while the AC runs over to PSD to have it reset!

KBayDog

And if you forget your PIN number, the alert launch will be held up while the AC runs over to PSD to have it reset!

PSD can't reset anything.

You need to "Call the Help Desk" to do that...and you need to know your NMCI phone PIN, and you need to have someone else "verify" you with their NMCI phone PIN.

1-800-NMCI-FAIL

294efe2c-af3e-4067-bfbe-77437bcb406d.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PSD can't reset anything.
But they can require a special request chit signed by the CO to replace a lost ID card. Because the CO doesn't have enough paperwork already, and the Admin O just isn't important enough to trust with Force Protection, I guess. :p

KBayDog

But they can require a special request chit signed by the CO to replace a lost ID card. Because the CO doesn't have enough paperwork already, and the Admin O just isn't important enough to trust with Force Protection, I guess. :p

You forgot to mention a copy of the police report for your lost ID. (No exaggeration...)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
You forgot to mention a copy of the police report for your lost ID. (No exaggeration...)

I had my wallet stolen in Italy years ago while on the TR. The security folks wouldn't let me on the ship because I didn't have an ID.
I told them it was stolen and they asked for a police report. I gave them the report I filed at the police station at the Florence train station.

The ship security said they could not accept it since it wasn't in English and "it could be anything besides a police report".
Finally the OOD had to intervene and explain to the security folks that in Italy the police reports would most likely be filled out in Italian....

The Phiz

pilot
I feel pretty lucky. The one time I 'lost' an ID, I told whoever was in change of me (at API) and was told to just go to PSD, and they just made me a new one. 10 minutes to 'code' the new ID or something. In / out and no hassle. Being a 2 month old Ensign, at API, I thought my nuts were going to get kicked in.

I ended up finding the ID about 2 weeks later in the nether regions of my car (actually under the radio trim... how, I don't know) by complete chance.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Back to the pic. It's funny, because people think that if your job is "cool," then the fact that you just finished working your ass off for the past day doesn't count for anything, and that you're ready for tasking the second you walk through the front door. Not that I'm resentful or anything. That's not even counting the fact that most of my job definitely does not include anything "cool."

I like running, too. Doesn't mean I'm not freaking tired when I'm done.