• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

musclesloading

Fly Navy
Hello everyone! I am 31, have been in the Navy for almost 13 years, E-5, and am finally fully convinced to apply for an Officer Program. I am currently researching and preparing my package for the STA-21 IP/Core Program options. I am looking for insight on those specific designations. Anyone with experience working in or with others in those fields, any advice, any warnings, anything to help me make more decisions would be greatly appreciated. I am 100% dedicated to the Navy and will make it a career regardless of being Enlisted or Commissioned. Thank you for your time and I look forward to any responses.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone! I am 31, have been in the Navy for almost 13 years, E-5, and am finally fully convinced to apply for an Officer Program. I am currently researching and preparing my package for the STA-21 IP/Core Program options. I am looking for insight on those specific designations. Anyone with experience working in or with others in those fields, any advice, any warnings, anything to help me make more decisions would be greatly appreciated. I am 100% dedicated to the Navy and will make it a career regardless of being Enlisted or Commissioned. Thank you for your time and I look forward to any responses.

http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/

Everything you need to know is on that website as well as this forum. I’d recommend doing the homework to set yourself up for success.

As for IP they take maybe 1-2 a year and core a few more so unless you have a strong record the odds are significantly against you. STA-21 has essentially become a enlisted nuke to officer nuke route.

musclesloading

Fly Navy
http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/

Everything you need to know is on that website as well as this forum. I’d recommend doing the homework to set yourself up for success.

As for IP they take maybe 1-2 a year and core a few more so unless you have a strong record the odds are significantly against you. STA-21 has essentially become a enlisted nuke to officer nuke route.

Unfortunately the website doesn't really give information about the day to day life of an IP Officer so that's why I posted and am asking for more personal experience information. I have viewed a few forums on here but those conversations I've seen pertain more to the STA-21 Application and process than the programs themselves. Thank you for your input.

exNavyOffRec

Unfortunately the website doesn't really give information about the day to day life of an IP Officer so that's why I posted and am asking for more personal experience information. I have viewed a few forums on here but those conversations I've seen pertain more to the STA-21 Application and process than the programs themselves. Thank you for your input.

You will have a better chance getting commissioned through OCS, like @RUFiO181 said, STA-21 is essentially a path to nuke officer 35/50 are for nukes, that leaves 15 spots for every other designator, so even if you were eligible for every other designator that is still only 15 that everyone else is competing against.

So work on your degree and get a high GPA, because IP is very selective.