• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shooting at AZ Congresswoman Event

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
CNN reporting she's in surgery with a GSW to the head. Not dead, at least for the moment.

Crazy.

FlyinRock

I hope all who got shot come thru it OK. Its a tough one for some to handle. I fear its a harbinger of the future and I expect to see suicide bombers before long. What puzzles me is how these nutcase guys are taken into custody? Alive????

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Multiple news outlets are reporting that a bystander in the crowd attempted to engage the shooter with a firearm, too.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Latest reports have stated that a 9 year old child was killed. POTUS to address the nation soon.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I think that's probably quite the understatement. A Federal Judge was also slain in the shooting (the name escapes me at the moment, and I'm cooking dinner for the wife/offspring unit).

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Giffords is wife of Captain M. Kelly, USN, 1310, NASA Shuttle Pilot. Sad, sad day in America.

poobear24

Terrorist Attack?

Is this incident considered a terrorist attack? There are several definitions of what that is, but one that I have found states, "A surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims". Obviously the innocent bystanders are civilians, but what about the Congresswoman (since she is a person elected by the People)? How is this going to affect future security issues?

As stated before, today is a very sad day for the United States and I can only hope that something good will come out of this tragic incident.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Is this incident considered a terrorist attack? There are several definitions of what that is, but one that I have found states, "A surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims". Obviously the innocent bystanders are civilians, but what about the Congresswoman (since she is a person elected by the People)? How is this going to affect future security issues?

As stated before, today is a very sad day for the United States and I can only hope that something good will come out of this tragic incident.

Since he appears to be a right wing lunatic, I'm thinking the media may try to portray this as a terrorist attack.

It was act that employed fear and terror on a small scale to bring about a larger political change. That fits a terrorist in my personal definition of the word.

This was no more outrageous than the Ft Hood shooting, but the gov't resisted using the "T" word for that event. I'm curious how this will play since it fit the mold of the Secretary of HLS of a right wing extremist.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/