• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Resubmitting, question on strength/possible problem.

Oso-ito

Greetings!
Short story, I received my PROREC Y middle of last year for NFO, and afterwards declined my acceptance. Reasons are family-based, I had an obligation that required my attendance, but I had assumed at that point that my situation wouldn't be changing for some time, and therefore declined instead of delaying. Things have now changed, and I am resubmitting for Naval Aviator, Naval Flight Officer, and Surface Warfare Officer, in that order.

In the opinion of the forum, how significantly does the previous "decline" hurt my current kit? My OR said that my kit is strong regardless, but that it is "something they will be looking at, yeah".

Kit looks like:
GPA: 3.3 Criminal Justice major
ASTB-E: 60(oar), 7/9/8
No drug use, no legal or debt trouble, good history of leadership positions and participation in community groups and organizations.

Thank you very much for your shared wisdom.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Your stats are fine, the biggest factor will be explaining to the board why you're reapplying. In the end, you were offered to serve and declined it. What makes them think you will have another family issue causing you to say no again? If you can effectively say that, you should be fine. If not, it could complicate your chances.

Remove SWO as your third choice.

exNavyOffRec

Greetings!
Short story, I received my PROREC Y middle of last year for NFO, and afterwards declined my acceptance. Reasons are family-based, I had an obligation that required my attendance, but I had assumed at that point that my situation wouldn't be changing for some time, and therefore declined instead of delaying. Things have now changed, and I am resubmitting for Naval Aviator, Naval Flight Officer, and Surface Warfare Officer, in that order.

In the opinion of the forum, how significantly does the previous "decline" hurt my current kit? My OR said that my kit is strong regardless, but that it is "something they will be looking at, yeah".

Kit looks like:
GPA: 3.3 Criminal Justice major
ASTB-E: 60(oar), 7/9/8
No drug use, no legal or debt trouble, good history of leadership positions and participation in community groups and organizations.

Thank you very much for your shared wisdom.

I had a person in a similar circumstance and he declined, then came back after his family set him straight, he was young made a snap decision, did a good job explaining that in his letter and talking about how he should have consulted his family and his recruiter before making the decision he did.

He is now flying F-18E's.

I wish you the best and I would also say remove SWO, SNA and SNFO are more forgiving than SWO.

Oso-ito

Thank you both for your rapid responses! I'll be sure to focus on that explanation. Also, I will remove SWO as my 3rd.

Chairman4Life

Contributor
This aviation “auto-selection” definitely worked in your favor, I doubt you declining the SNA position was even detected. Congrats man! I’m glad everything worked out!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This aviation “auto-selection” definitely worked in your favor, I doubt you declining the SNA position was even detected. Congrats man! I’m glad everything worked out!

No, whether it was NRC processor or whoever sat on the early board saw the reconsidation and statement.

Oso-ito

I’m sure that is the case! Im very pleased that my desire was understood! I couldn’t be more appreciative of their consideration!

Chairman4Life

Contributor
No, whether it was NRC processor or whoever sat on the early board saw the reconsidation and statement.
Gotcha, I guess I’m still not understanding this auto selection process all that well. I didn’t realize that there even was an early board.