• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Process between Graduation and OCS Shipdate

tbe004

Howdy,

I just found out I was selected to attend Navy’s OCS as an oceanography officer. My recruiter informed me today that I would need to send my final transcripts before I can swear in. My question is, does the navy do another evaluation once they receive the final transcripts, or do they simply just check to make sure you graduated and received the degree you indicated you would?

Thanks for any help, and insight.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
That's a question your recruiter can easily answer. Or are you afraid he'll find out your grades have gone downhill since you were accepted?

tbe004

That's a question your recruiter can easily answer. Or are you afraid he'll find out your grades have gone downhill since you were accepted?

No, recruiter was the first person I ask, but my recruiter, which has only been at the station since December, mentioned that he believes (not certain) that they only look at graduation for coding purposes, so I asked here for anymore insight. I am currently in one of the hardest classes of my major and may end with a C. Not the end of the world, but just being cautious.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
No, recruiter was the first person I ask, but my recruiter, which has only been at the station since December, mentioned that he believes (not certain) that they only look at graduation for coding purposes, so I asked here for anymore insight. I am currently in one of the hardest classes of my major and may end with a C. Not the end of the world, but just being cautious.

Your recruiter essentially just told you the answer. If it’s not clear, help him/her out. It’ll likely not be the last time he works somebody who’s still in college.

Option B: Check out the final select thread and previous threads. More than likely kids there who were selected before they received their degree.

tbe004

Your recruiter essentially just told you the answer. If it’s not clear, help him/her out. It’ll likely not be the last time he works somebody who’s still in college.

Option B: Check out the final select thread and previous threads. More than likely kids there who were selected before they received their degree.

Correction, he told me his best guess, not the answer, but thanks for your insight and suggestions.

pcrwizard

I'm in a similar situation (I need to submit final transcripts post graduation) and was informed by my recruiter that they do look at the remaining grades, but that unless you seriously tanked all your grades to the point that you would no longer qualify its mainly just to verify that you graduated.

He even said something pretty much directly along the lines of 'as long as you're doing about as well as you did before something like a couple Cs won't end you.'