• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec Y April 11 SWO

Hobblehob

Figured I'd set up a post for those that got picked up in the April 11 board. Congratulations to everyone selected. Let's hope for a fast final selection!

Hobblehob

There is some good info in the OCS thread. Appendix b comes to mind. Some decent things to memorize. Also I'll be running a lot more on pavement to try and avoid pesky shin splints later on.

Congrats to all. That gouge seems pretty decent. After looking through I only found one piece of missing information. Warfare device: Information Dominance Warfare was the only missing pin. Other than that in Navy boot camp our inspection knowledge focused on C0C, Uniform Rank and Insignia, General Orders of a Sentry, and uniform regulations. Things like songs were always done as a division. I have a few guys that I work with who recently left OTC so i'll pick their brains and let you know what they say.

Squirrel Girl

Congrats to all. That gouge seems pretty decent. After looking through I only found one piece of missing information. Warfare device: Information Dominance Warfare was the only missing pin. Other than that in Navy boot camp our inspection knowledge focused on C0C, Uniform Rank and Insignia, General Orders of a Sentry, and uniform regulations. Things like songs were always done as a division. I have a few guys that I work with who recently left OTC so i'll pick their brains and let you know what they say.

http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/App B OCR.pdf

I think this is the most recent. I found the other link on AW and this link on the OCS website

VWXThrasher378

Awesome, thanks for sharing the link to the most update appendix b.

Quick question - I got a speeding ticket this morning. I was cited for going over the speeding by 10 mph and the fine is only $120. I don't think this will affect me post Pro-Rec Y status, but I did sign "Honor Statements" for 3 other speeding tickets I received 4-5 years ago in my OCS packet. I understand "excessive" speeding tickets are a problem - but I am not sure what constitutes excessive. Has anyone else dealt with similar issues relating to speeding tickets?

I was going to talk to my recruiter about it on Monday, but I was just wondering if anyone else had insight a littler earlier then that.

Andrew3376

Pro-Rec Y!!

Stats:
OAR: 52
GPA: 3.08
Major: BA in Multidisciplinary Studies from UTSA
LORs: 3 from supervisors, 1 from professor
Non-Prior

Super excited about the news! I'm hoping that there's a quick turn around for the final select letter, my wife and I are ready to start the next chapter of our lives.

CellShock

Andrew3376, I agree about the fins sel. Really don't want a protracted wait because waiting something like 6 months would be agonizing.

Andrew3376

Andrew3376, I agree about the fins sel. Really don't want a protracted wait because waiting something like 6 months would be agonizing.

I know that feel. Especially since I've decided to leave my job at least a month before my OCS date to spend more time with my wife/family/friends. I understand Pro-Rec Y doesn't 100% mean we're in, but man it feels so close now! I'm hoping to get something June/July, though I understand that may be unrealistic.

Andrew3376

I was searching the thread (though I admit, not very thoroughly), looking for something in relation to what's the next step receiving pro rec y. What is the hold up to getting pro rec y and receiving the FINSEL?

CellShock

paperwork needs to be processed, your complete background check needs to cleared, and medical record needs to be reviewed I think. My recruiter said the next steps were for me to come in and sign paperwork for the background check, so i'm waiting on that.