• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK timeline/procudures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cougar23

I've been trying to find the information I'm looking for on this site and have been unsuccessful so far. I'm currently wanting to apply for a SNA slot through BDCP, but I have to to get PRK and I was wondering how that's going to affect my application timeline. I know that I have to get the PRK done before I can submit my app, so I'll have to wait til after I turn 21. How does the PRK process proceed? Can I get my pre-op before I turn 21 and then have the surgery as soon as I turn 21? And then how long do I have to wait after that until I put in my app?

Whatsisname

Blind as a bat
what? where does it say you have to have PRK done before the application? I've seen both actually, that you apply and you get it prior to ocs or something. I'm trying to figure this all out so if you could help me i'd appreciate it.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Whatsisname said:
what? where does it say you have to have PRK done before the application? I've seen both actually, that you apply and you get it prior to ocs or something. I'm trying to figure this all out so if you could help me i'd appreciate it.

That won't work for SNA. If you don't have 20/40 uncorrected vision correctable to 20/20 at the time of application, you aren't qualified. That may work for NFO, but I'm not sure.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thisguy said:
That won't work for SNA. If you don't have 20/40 uncorrected vision correctable to 20/20 at the time of application, you aren't qualified. That may work for NFO, but I'm not sure.

BZZT

I had PRK before I got a pilot slot. It doesn't matter when you have it so long as you have all the proper pre and post-op checkups and apply for and receive the waiver.

Whatsisname

Blind as a bat
Looks like I'll have to raise some dough or plead with the insurance companies to pay for it in a few months, then wait around for 9 months..... :(

Shadow9660

Squeeze,
How many pre/post op checkups are there....I asked this in another thread, but I am a month out from starting OCC188 class, and wanted to get PRK, as I have an NFO contract, and wish to switch to pilot. How long does it take from consultation to post surgery to be completed? Do I have time? thanks

Whatsisname

Blind as a bat
Oh yeah, so you can get the waiver if you have it done with a civillian doc then?

squeeze said:
BZZT

I had PRK before I got a pilot slot. It doesn't matter when you have it so long as you have all the proper pre and post-op checkups and apply for and receive the waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.