• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK recovery question

satpak77

Guys, some of you answered my IM's regarding PRK and I appreciate it. I will be flying in from overseas with wife and kids to the PRK doctor, and wanted to ask if I should get two hotel rooms (one for me- recovery, one for them) or if one is fine. I have a 4 year old a 6 year old and don't need airborne lego blocks to fly into my eyes.

Joke joke but you see my point.

Thanks for the info

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I did not go the PRK route (I did LASIK), most of my friends that had it done recovered in an ultra-dark room because their eyes were very light sensitive. I'd recommend 2 rooms or a 2 room suite. One for your recovery & rest and one for the wife & kids to carry on normal life. :) Good luck.

-ea6bflyr ;)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Agree with ea6. You're gonna want some peace and quiet in the dark. I had my eyes lasered in college... And had to hang sheets and blankets around my bed to keep the light out. Luckily, my roommates were cool and helped me out a lot. I'd say go for a suite with two rooms (if the money part isn't an issue) over getting two rooms. You'll want your wife close by.

FWIW, regarding your joke... I had a salad dressing packet fly into my eye about 3 weeks post surgery. must have helped with the healing process, as that eye stabilized faster and has slightly better vision that the other one.

Bubba's $0.0000002.

nwsnahopeful

question for all who have had PRK. I am two days post-op and my night vision isn't terrible but I definitely notice some flight halo and starbursting, will this go away? I am probably just psyching myself out but I was just wondering what some of your experiences were.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, halo'ing happens with both PRK and LASIK. It will go away, but it will be a while.

-ea6bflyr ;)

nwsnahopeful

right on! any idea on the starbursts? the halo's arent too bad. are you out at whidbey? Im down in sea but make trips up that way pretty often.

nwsnahopeful

In Kirkland, from Woodinville, going to school at CWU. PRK with Dr. Leavitt at Bellevue Lasik and Cornea. You got any insight Coug?

nwsnahopeful

good to hear. I'm just freaking out about my vis. it was pretty good the first two days with starbursts and slight halo's. Now my left eye is blurry and seeing almost doubleand they are both super sensitive to light. haha I just gotta be confident in it;s getting better. Had to type with my eyes closed so sorry for any spelling errors.