• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK 2 week follow-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
Ok, I was 20/40 both eyes the day after my PRK. Then on day 4 I was 20/40 and 20/50. Now, on my two week follow up I was still 20/40 and 20/50. Is this about what everyone else experienced, or should I be worried about the outcome? :confused:

sublime259

nothing to be worried about at all. I'm sure your doc informed you that it takes quite a while for the eye to heal. I was about the same, more or less, and now have 20/15, 2 1/2 months later. It takes time, but its worth it

aviat24

Aviat24

I am receiving PRK from a civilian doc Oct. 28th. From what I understand it takes some time for your best vision to be realized. There are many variables but with PRK it just takes patience. I was told I will see roughly 20/80 with blurry vision right after surgery. My vision could then flucuate back and forth significantly and that by week 2 I should be able to see fairly well. The doc said it will most likely be a month to a month and a half before I see 20/20 or better. He said it would be longer for long term stablity and best qaulity of vision(full healing, sharpness, etc.). I presently have 20/400 vision. All I can say is that I've never had the surgery and that clearly PRK surgery and recovery can be frustrating. I'm sure things will work out well for you once more time has passed. Thanks for all your posts ;it has helped me get an idea of what I might to expect.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
I guess it's just frustrating b/c I expected it to get slightly better everyday, and it has been the same for almost two weeks. From what I gathered from the info on my eye exam yesterday, I went from being farsighted to nearsighted. I just hope that in the end I am seeing 20/20 in both eyes....

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I was on the phone to the doc almost every day, I"m sure it pissed him off. Just remember that everything is normal and it's going to take awhile for your eyes to get back to normal.

sublime259

Beleive me, ive been there and it is going to go from good to bad to good to bad to good again, but in the end it all works out, so just give it time and dont worry about it!!!!

PudriK

SCGA (VT-3)
Don't sweat it. first your corneas have to heal all the way across, then they have to thicken up again. And it takes up to six months for your vision to stabilize.

My first two weeks after surgery I had my windows set to the handicap, high-contrast, large font settings just so I could read my email.

Hang in there, it gets a lot better.

NavyOCS

Make sure and use the drops (Lotemax). Apparantly eyes heal tremendously fast. I had that eye topograpghy test done and my eyes were healing so fast that the cells were stacking up on eachother over my cornea causing blurriness. The drops I have are supposed to be a streriod that prevents mitosis.
But yeah, I was freakin out too. My expectations were so high that I was bound to be disappointed. Especially with all of the folks that got LASIKs and all the new stuff where they see perfect the day after with zero pain. Just have to give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.