• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post-Op Req's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAWannabe

I was wondering where I could actually find where it says "20/40" uncorrected after PRK. I know without surgery the requirements are minimum 20/40, but all the BUMED messages I've read about the Accession program state 20/30 minimum Visual Acuity, following PRK. I'm sure its 20/40 since you have all gone through everything, but I just was curious which NAVADMIN message or where it could be found in. Thanks

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Try this:

http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/NAMI/WaiverGuideTopics/ophthalmology.htm#lasik

this jumped out at me in the post op section:

The member must meet all other vision standards appropriate to his or her class of duty.

So, I take it to mean that once you have had PRK, your vision is stable, and as long as you still meet the visual requirements for SNA you are money.

That being said, my optho said that he will do "touch ups" to get my vision to 20/20 or better. The price of any "touch ups" is included in the price of the surgery. Talk to your opthomologist and see what he says.

Best Regards

SNAWannabe

Status
Not open for further replies.