• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible to start NROTC at my college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliderpilot321

Hello!

My college only offers Army and Air Force ROTC at my college, Texas Christian University. I intend to do OCS after college but if NROTC was an option here I would jump right on it. I do not want to do ROTC for another branch and try to transfer to the Navy at the time of graduation. Also, the nearest schools that offer NROTC are OU and University of Texas, so that is too far to do a cross town affiliate. Is there a way to start a NROTC at my college? If so who should I contact to get the ball rolling? I am also finishing my freshman year so I know I would need to play some catch up but talking to the ROTC detachments offered here it is possible. Many thanks!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Short answer is thise decisions are made at a very high pay grade. You are hurting yourself by not considering what you have in hand locally - e.g. Army or AF ROTC. It's not a long punt - if leadership in the Profession of Arms is your goal (and path to a cockpit) - the service makes little difference. The competition is fierce enough where you are in life that you should consider yourself fortunate to enter any ROTC program.

Stop posting on here and talk to the respective heads of the AF and Army departments -

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello!

My college only offers Army and Air Force ROTC at my college, Texas Christian University. I intend to do OCS after college but if NROTC was an option here I would jump right on it. I do not want to do ROTC for another branch and try to transfer to the Navy at the time of graduation. Also, the nearest schools that offer NROTC are OU and University of Texas, so that is too far to do a cross town affiliate. Is there a way to start a NROTC at my college? If so who should I contact to get the ball rolling? I am also finishing my freshman year so I know I would need to play some catch up but talking to the ROTC detachments offered here it is possible. Many thanks!

No.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Absolutely! The Navy would not want to inconvenience someone with whom they have absolutely no connection by not spending the very large amounts of money necessary to establish a new ROTC detachment just for him.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@Gliderpilot321 - No. ROTC units aren’t like a club or a frat chapter. They are staffed by active duty service members and they are military units. They don’t get established just because some student is interested.

If being a Naval Officer is your goal, your choices are: Army/AF ROTC and do an IST later; transfer to a university that does have NROTC; or finish school as a civvie and go to OCS after graduation.

Status
Not open for further replies.