• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

derek.bane

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on podcasts or audiobooks that are strictly educational and aimed towards completing OCS and also the Naval Pilot Program.

I saw there were a lot of suggestions about overall improvement (money plant, art of manliness, joe rogan experience, how I built this, etc.) but I’m looking for specifics books or podcasts for improving my education in regards to aviation.

Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on podcasts or audiobooks that are strictly educational and aimed towards completing OCS and also the Naval Pilot Program.

I saw there were a lot of suggestions about overall improvement (money plant, art of manliness, joe rogan experience, how I built this, etc.) but I’m looking for specifics books or podcasts for improving my education in regards to aviation.

First and foremost good job on not creating duplicate threads like last time. You are learning.

Now, you need to learn how to search. Start off by searching these forums and in particular search YouTube on navy OCS prep videos. They’re out there.

Maybe, just maybe, you can have what it takes to survive as an officer and even better... survive on AWs.

derek.bane

First and foremost good job on not creating duplicate threads like last time. You are learning.

Now, you need to learn how to search. Start off by searching these forums and in particular search YouTube on navy OCS prep videos. They’re out there.

Maybe, just maybe, you can have what it takes to survive as an officer and even better... survive on AWs.

Haha I appreciate the criticism. I’ll continue to get better everyday. That’s a promise.

charwakeup

There is a book called A Sea Story that is about OCS written by an SNA from a class in 1999. It seems helpful because information that you are unfamiliar with you can further research. https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Story-Officer-Candidate-School/dp/0985355417

As far as audiobooks/podcasts go The Fighter Pilot podcast is a podcast all about air combat (all branches but so far has a Navy focus since the host, Vincent Aiello, was Navy). https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fighter-pilot-podcast/id1330534712?mt=2

Lastly, there is an audiobook, American Military Aviation, by Charles Gross that covers EVERYTHING in the history of aviation. WARNING: It is SUPER DRY. However, I find it helpful while I’m studying aviation history to fill in the gaps of my timelines and make things a little more relevant. :)!

derek.bane

There is a book called A Sea Story that is about OCS written by an SNA from a class in 1999. It seems helpful because information that you are unfamiliar with you can further research. https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Story-Officer-Candidate-School/dp/0985355417

As far as audiobooks/podcasts go The Fighter Pilot podcast is a podcast all about air combat (all branches but so far has a Navy focus since the host, Vincent Aiello, was Navy). https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fighter-pilot-podcast/id1330534712?mt=2

Lastly, there is an audiobook, American Military Aviation, by Charles Gross that covers EVERYTHING in the history of aviation. WARNING: It is SUPER DRY. However, I find it helpful while I’m studying aviation history to fill in the gaps of my timelines and make things a little more relevant. :)!
Thank you so very much! Incredibly kind of you to post this information for me. I love the Fighter Pilot podcast. I throw that on when I am at the gym. Very entertaining.

I’ll check out that audiobook as well! I usually like to get away from reading and listen to the information much of the time.

Thanks again!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Don't read this one. Or maybe... read this one. Make sure you show up to primary and tell your onwing that you read the book, so you're good.

51tiGEb3ewL.jpg

derek.bane

Don't read this one. Or maybe... read this one. Make sure you show up to primary and tell your onwing that you read the book, so you're good.

51tiGEb3ewL.jpg
Hahahaha “An author promising to reveal the secrets of becoming a Top Gun in a $70 book is being widely mocked after it was revealed he is not actually a fighter pilot.”

I think I will pass on this book ($100 now on Amazon). If you have another suggestion I would be willing to take it into consideration.