Parking at Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS)

Discussion in 'Commercial Aviation' started by Beans, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Beans

Beans It's about to get nerdy up in here. None

Does anyone know of any alternative parking locations for the Fort Walton Beach / Valparaiso FL airport? I'm flying out of there for Christmas/New Year's, and the airport parking is $7/day. I have to save money so I can get my AWGs.

Thanks,
    Beans
  2. A4sForever

A4sForever INTERNET BULLY None

Can you park aboard Tyndal or Eglin (free and w/ some security inherent ) and take an airport shuttle???
  3. ChunksJR

ChunksJR HMFIC of the World Famous Desert Hawks None

Saving money for an optional uniform..hmmm, probably don't fly and stay here during the holiday to progress towards completion.

JK...convienence is a SOB.
  4. SnipeDude

SnipeDude Cleveland Brown Fan

I would call the Space-A Terminal at Eglin and ask if there is a long term parking area you can use. Then you just need a short cab/shuttle ride.
  5. ChunksJR

ChunksJR HMFIC of the World Famous Desert Hawks None

I wouldn't, as it's going to call cost $30 for a cab ride...and unless you're going to be gone for more than 10 days, it's not going to be worth the hassle.
  6. insanebikerboy

insanebikerboy Internet killed the television star None

Why don't you just ask someone in the squadron to drop you off/pick you up? Save you some change and throw that dude a $10 for gas.
  7. Beans

Beans It's about to get nerdy up in here. None

It's about an hour drive from Milton, so that might be a bit of a stretch to ask someone to do that at 4-4:30 in the AM.
  8. STLEngineer

STLEngineer Registered User None

4-4:30am?

Sounds like you should be able to get some Eglin IFS students to pick you up on the way. :D
  9. A4sForever

A4sForever INTERNET BULLY None

Go over the night before -- stay in the Eglin Q -- take the shuttle -- game over --- unless the panhandle is still a third world country ....
  10. Gatordev

Gatordev Well-Known Member None

There were three Pace rescue vehicles outside my house a few minutes ago. My neighbor's kid's (second) car's front end was not straight. Cops were on scene. A few minutes later, the FHP is in my driveway giving a FST to said kid. Maybe not third world, but sad either way.