• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Options for paying for PRK?

fox2102

I'm considering PRK but paying for it seems to be potientially problematic since my dad's insurance doesnt cover eye surgery and we dont have the cash to drop on it. I was thinking about maybe financing but I'm not working right now and my parent's credit is way past poor. So do any of you know of any other options for paying for it??

fox2102

Yeah I thought about that but i'm tryin to find another option because when it's all said and done I'll already have over $82,000 in student loans

skidz

adrenaline junky
Go Marines and all your loans will disappear upon commissioning.

Problem solved. Well, unless you don't graduate OCS.

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
My brother took a loan with a high interest rate, worked, and paid it off in a year while going to school.

I used my some of my student loans, and I also worked...got an air contract with my 20/20 vision...so it was a good decision.

What's $4k more toward your ultimate goal when you're already going to be $82k in the hole? Isn't that the point of spending all that money in the first place?

fox2102

Do what I did.

Get a job.
Still workin on this one too. Jobs are few and far between in this town and with my messed up schedule it's almost impossible. My down doesnt even have a mcdonalds in it so you can imagine it's pretty small. I'm still looking though

I probably will end up taking a loan out of it but I'm just see what other options I have because I would like to avoid getting into anymore debt

Biles

Wait, will student loans be payed off even if I have an NROTC scholarship? If so I may just get a loan for my housing...

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Wait, will student loans be payed off even if I have an NROTC scholarship? If so I may just get a loan for my housing...

you should check because some schools kick in money for the housing if you already have an NROTC scholarship. (3 of the 5 colleges that accepted me do that.)