• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

On Base Housing in NAS Pensacola

robav8r

None
Contributor
Any intel on the current situation at Sherman Field? It will just be me (a really old O5) and the Mrs. Or, should I consider moving out to the beach somewhere . . . . .

Thanks,

FOG

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You never know :) Was curious about the old, southern estate homes that line the fields around where API & OCS used to be. Is there anything "new" and modern, or is it all crap on base?
Surely, a rhetorical question. :D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe the Old Plantation houses are O-6 digs, at least judging by the signs outside. There are some other 'historical' places down by the seawall and up by CNET...not sure about the pay grades for those.

Off-base, P'cola's condo market is saturated. Gulf-front high rises can be had for a song.

Bexar

Tried this last fall. Those (plantation) homes you speak of seem to be O-6 Medical Corps (USN & USAF docs) and not as big as they appear due to the porches. Housing seemed to be open to letting an O-5 slip in, but you had to live out in town 6-9 months first (asking 6 months out did not help either). I wasn't in the market for moving multiple times and just went off base.

hereicome

Sir, i have a home for rent about 5 min from back gate and 10-15 min from perdido beach. if interested, please call 904-334-9873