• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Qualifications

Freddie Ansley

I am looking for feedback on how to proceed with my package. I am 36, active duty with 5 months left on my Computer Science (Network) B.S. I had a DUI in 2002. My GPA is currently 3.3 and my OAR was a 47. I am looking at SWO but find more interest in Crypto Officer. I am an LS3 so Supply Officer would not be out of question. I would appreciate any guidance or feedback anyone could give. Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am looking for feedback on how to proceed with my package. I am 36, active duty with 5 months left on my Computer Science (Network) B.S. I had a DUI in 2002. My GPA is currently 3.3 and my OAR was a 47. I am looking at SWO but find more interest in Crypto Officer. I am an LS3 so Supply Officer would not be out of question. I would appreciate any guidance or feedback anyone could give. Thanks.

Scratch SWO and Supply from your application. You are too old and prior service waivers don't go out that far.

Here's a good place to start looking at your options.

https://www.navycs.com/officer/

Disregard the BDCP program, it doesn't exist anymore.

Freddie Ansley

What does the PA say? Is there anything about an age waiver being entertained?

"Active Component: Applicants must not have passed their 42nd birthday upon commissioning. For Surface Warfare Information Warfare Option, applicants must not have passed their 35th birthday upon commissioning."

This is the only mention of the age limit on Active Component.

FormerRecruitingGuru

"Active Component: Applicants must not have passed their 42nd birthday upon commissioning. For Surface Warfare Information Warfare Option, applicants must not have passed their 35th birthday upon commissioning."

This is the only mention of the age limit on Active Component.

Is an age waiver mentioned? If the answer is yes, then yes you can apply for one. If it says no, unfortunately you are SOL.

Freddie Ansley

What's the difference between surface warfare and a regular commission as far as career advancement? I'm just not sure about the limitations on duty between the two.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Everything says the age requirement for surface warfare option is 35 but then says the age limit is 42. What is the limitations of duty with not being surface warfare?

Your question still doesn't make sense. Age cut off for regular SWO is 35 with prior/current military service. Plain and simple.

There is a SWO-CW option with an age cut off of 35 and a regular CW option with an age cut off of 42.

Freddie Ansley

Your question still doesn't make sense. Age cut off for regular SWO is 35 with prior/current military service. Plain and simple.

There is a SWO-CW option with an age cut off of 35 and a regular CW option with an age cut off of 42.

What is the difference between CWO-CW, which has a cutoff of 35, and a regular CW with a cut off of 42? I don't know how to explain it past that point.