• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Vision Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, that link isn't working for me. Do you know anything about standards for stigmatisms? I have a slight stigmatism, but I still got my pilot slot. I'm just worried it will get worse before I actually get to flight school (I'm expecting sometime around the year 2108).

Thanks for the info!

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Good thing I still got my PRK...my eyes were 20/400 and 20/450 without my contacts on!

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Well that 5 grand I dropped on PRK was still worth every penny...

What would happen if you ejected with contacts in?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
wow, just what the navy needs... more people applying for fewer slots

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
firefriendly said:
what prompted this change in vision requirements? Since the Navy is overflowed with SNA's wouldn't it seem more appropriate to make it 20/20 again?....unless they are expecting a lull in the SNA admissions within the next few years. That would be a good thing I think.

you're assuming that common sense and reason play a factor in deciding such policy. silly grasshopper... you have much to learn.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
pennst8 said:

Nothing. Won't hurt your eyes any more than the ejection with regard to soft tissue tears. You may however, be limited to what you can see during an evasion on the ground if you are vision limited.

Most likely it will be "Wear contacts, but carry a spare set of glasses in your flight gear" like NFOs have had on our up chits for years.

r/
G

nugget81

pilot
Geez...I just had PRk done because I didn't fall into the 20/40 category. I wore contacts for 8 years until I had PRK just over a month ago. I was 20/15 with contacts, 20/70 & 20/100 without. If I had waited just a month.................

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
you're assuming that common sense and reason play a factor in deciding such policy. silly grasshopper... you have much to learn.
I'm assuming that none of us really know or understand the many "big picture" issues that go into the whole flight training animal. There are unbelieveably smart and dedicated people running that program, so I have faith that there is a method to their madness - even if it's not outwardly apparent.

Good times,

Brett

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
The overflow of SNAs was basically fixed by cutting FY04 SNAs. From the word that I got while I was stashed at Bupers, that main FY04 purge was supposed to have "fixed" the "problem." For those of us FY05 bubbas, when they selected us, they selected the amount that they actually needed.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I'm assuming that none of us really know or understand the many "big picture" issues that go into the whole flight training animal. There are unbelieveably smart and dedicated people running that program, so I have faith that there is a method to their madness - even if it's not outwardly apparent.

Good times,

Brett

brett, your sarcasm detector is broken
check the batteries

NavyOCS

pennst8 said:

Damn, I spent 2 grand, pre and post op inclusive. Two grand after a 1g military discount! On a side note I just got word today from NAMI that I am "approved to be in control of an aircraft" :D

Sorry for the minor threadjack gentlemen

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
brett, your sarcasm detector is broken
check the batteries
You're right. Obviously we've both been derelict in our use of A4s style smiles. :D :D :) :D

Good times,

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.