• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Boeing Aircraft Announcement Tomorrow...

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Hope I'm not double-posting. Article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ing-teases-plane-change-future-air-power.html

476FCBFB00000578-0-image-a-36_1513626962609.jpg

I guess we'll find out tomorrow what it is, but I see two tires on the nose gear which screams "CVN" to me...

If it's unmanned, you're welcome to lock/delete this post. I don't want to hear about it!

KqA8oGg.png

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I have not been following the X-47 project closely, but a quick skim of wikipedia tells me the Navy wants to finally press on with it but doesn't want to give Northrup an unfair advantage in the next phase. It says the "US Navy has decided to morph the X-47B from a surveillance and strike aircraft into a reconnaissance and aerial refuelling drone with 'limited strike capability'" Is that essentially what the MQ-25 RFP calls for?

Hmmm...wouldn't it be nice if, say, the MQ-8 and the MQ-25 used the same shipboard consoles....

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have not been following the X-47 project closely, but a quick skim of wikipedia tells me the Navy wants to finally press on with it but doesn't want to give Northrup an unfair advantage in the next phase. It says the "US Navy has decided to morph the X-47B from a surveillance and strike aircraft into a reconnaissance and aerial refuelling drone with 'limited strike capability'" Is that essentially what the MQ-25 RFP calls for?

Hmmm...wouldn't it be nice if, say, the MQ-8 and the MQ-25 used the same shipboard consoles....

The Iron Works dropped out of the Stingray competition a couple of months ago. Surprised everybody, including the Navy. The current RFP is for a tanker with some ISR capability. GA is pushing a "Sea Avenger" and Boeing is going to proffer whatever this shrouded mystery is, I guess.

A couple of boats (Bush and Ike, IIRC) have been refitted with MQ-25 control stations already. It's not really complicated, hardware-wise. Everything you need for MQ-8 except the antennas fit in a CONEX box with room to spare. The software is a different story.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord

Wikipedia?? The website ANYONE can edit???

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Wikipedia?? The website ANYONE can edit???
You do realize it’s moderated, and usually not horribly inaccurate for non-controversial subjects, right?

Well, you're both right. I remember when wikipedia first started, teachers pretty much outlawed it as a source for writing papers. So, being the Millennials that we were, we referenced the references listed on Wikipedia. And yes, anyone can edit it, and yes, it is moderated. This is clearly demonstrated by an edit I made to the VERTREP page in 2013 as a joke which was rather quickly reverted to its previous content. Fortunately you can still link to the edited/discarded version, bahaha :D:D

kZfgBnb.png