• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

might be worth a look

OscarMyers

None
garmin 410 gps runners watch

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=83274

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/206187490
(you can hit 'player' and animate the run)

also monitors heart beat (wasn't worn today)

may not improve speed but it encourages you to run so you can add data.

(my data's not impressive but i'm 66 and had OHS a year ago. plus, it's 85 degreees here today with 79 percent humidity) :)

I have the 405CX, its a great watch and I like all that data points. Something about quantifying a run, regardless of the 10 minute mile pace, is gratifying. The only problem I have is with the touch bezel. If you sweat like a whore in church like I do, it might be a hiccup. On some longer runs I've had it beep erratically from sweating so much, but it never affected its function, fwiw. Besides that its a sweet watch that comes with a charger and the wireless upload antenna.

USAF_WX2USN

I know this thread is a bit old, but I use a Forerunner 205 (didn't need the HRM function). I track using Garmin Connect and/or Training Peaks (via the device agent software). I think the Training Peaks is a better software. Overall, I love my forerunner! It's great seeing my pace and how long I've been running.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I've got a 410...I love it. It's pretty legit, especially on my backwoods paddleboard trips. I like to mark a waypoint and then it gives me a bearing/distance to where I put in to save from paddling back and forth along the same stretch looking for the trail back to my truck. The multi sport modes are pretty cool as well, works great while I'm cycling, too. I got mine off amazon for 170 or so.

KBayDog

I've got a 410...I love it. It's pretty legit, especially on my backwoods paddleboard trips. I like to mark a waypoint and then it gives me a bearing/distance to where I put in to save from paddling back and forth along the same stretch looking for the trail back to my truck.

Probably helps out if/when you need to make a quick exit from said backwoods trips, too.

images

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I'm a child of Appalachia. Deliverance delivershmance.

Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. :eek:

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. Please tell us that's not your hand in the picture. :eek:
He wasn't even a wet dream when that movie was made. :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got my daughter a Garmin Foretunner 305. Great tool to train with.