• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS... what's my window?

srqwho

pilot
Had PRK done in Jan. Right eye is amazing (20/15). Left eye is cause for concern (20/40-20/45)... depending on the day. I submitted my application for the June boards, but am waiting to go to MEPS in July b/c that is when my 6 month waiver wait ends. My question is should/can I go ahead and get the touch-up on my left eye, wait another 3 months post-op, then go to MEPS? I have a feeling that it probably isn't ideal to go to MEPS 4 months after your boards... but I requested a leave date in Jan 09. I am confident that I'll pass the vision tests, but having the touch-up would put to rest a lot of concern for me. Just didn't know if the Navy will let me wait to go to MEPS 4 months after I submitted.

This is all hoping that the June boards go well for me:D

PigzFly

If selected by your the board you only have 30 days to complete medical. If it is not completed in this time you are dropped for your selection and have to reapply to another board. I was selected by the May board and just completed MEPS today. It may be better for you to wait to go before the board until you can get your waiver and complete medical within the 30 days. It would suck to get selected, then dropped, and then have to reapply.

Just my two cents. Hope it clears things up a bit.