• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Online email question

pghdvldog

pilot
My mol account says I have an email address for @MARINES.USMC.MIL

How do I access this e-mail account? Does only being PTAD and not at TBS yet have any effect on e-mail access?

Thanks in advance.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Where in your MOL does it say you have an email address, mine does not. I'd like to know. Not sure how to access it but, try going through the MCRC for your district like the actual OSO does.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Unless things have drastically changed, you probably won't get your own email address at TBS. I didn't get mine until I showed up to the FRS. However, with a little legwork, you might be able to set yours up ahead of time. The only catch is you can only access it from NMCI machines.
The first step is to get a NMCI username. Your PTAD OIC/SNCOIC should be able to point you in the right direction on this one. After you have that, and are able to log into an NMCI computer (preferably using your CAC card vice username/password), you need to be put on the Global Address List, or GAL. There's some request form you'll need to fill out to be processed by the local AISD or Comm shop. A few days later, you'll need to call the NMCI Help Desk (a toll-free number that's usually on the service tags on NMCI machines). Navigate the menu to account/password activation. Tell the tech, plain English, what you're trying to do. You'll need a registered verifier (someone who set up themselves with a password to tell the tech that you're legit) to finish the conversation with the tech. To check if this is successful, have someone who is already set up with their account search for your name in the contacts list. If both are successful, in theory, you should be able to log on to a machine, open up Outlook, and viola, there's your email.
I'm only a budding S-6, and this is what I remember from when I set my account up, so it may not (correction: probably won't) work for you, but might set you in the right direction.