• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Gouge

wongaboo

I've been frustrated by the way gouge so often is out of date but there is no way to fix it on the major websites. So I went ahead and set up my own: http://www.marinegouge.com.

It is a wiki so if you have something to add, add it. If you have something that needs changing, change it.

It is new so it is still missing Jet's and C130 gouge and the helo gouge needs work but everything else should be good to go. Let me know what you think.

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Well ain't you one squared-away Marine. Have a :icon_drin on me...

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Cool; I've been tossing around the idea of putting up a gouge wiki.

Actually, that would be a good place for me to put my ASTB study guide.

www.columbia.edu/~mmx1/astb.

Have realized that it might not be a good idea to have it associated with me once I get commissioned.

wongaboo

ASTB Study guide

Wow that is extensive!

Yea, I've been toying with the idea of putting ASTB and TBS gouge on there. If you'd like I could duplicate your page (more or less) as a section.

Cool; I've been tossing around the idea of putting up a gouge wiki.

Actually, that would be a good place for me to put my ASTB study guide.

www.columbia.edu/~mmx1/astb.

Have realized that it might not be a good idea to have it associated with me once I get commissioned.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Wow that is extensive!

Yea, I've been toying with the idea of putting ASTB and TBS gouge on there. If you'd like I could duplicate your page (more or less) as a section.

Knock yourself out.

Currently on a Marine history editing binge on wikipedia; I'll come back to this and put in some OCS gouge at some point.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
cool. looks good.

Needs some formatting cleanup; wiki's not as readable as properly done html.

Still, lots easier than ssh'ing and wading through html gobbleygook. I promise it's on my to-do list.....after PT.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Well ain't you one squared-away Marine. Have a :icon_drin on me...

samueljackson.jpg

MMMMM MMMMM B!tch!!! :D

wongaboo

thanks

Thanks for all the postive feedback. If anyone sees somthing missing feel free to add it yourself or if you don't have the time send it to me or post it to this thread.

ChuckM

pilot
I did a search and figured this is where to post:

The site is currently down, and I know I'm not the only one starving for the gouge on it. (let the flames begin--yes I'm studying on my own in the mean time)

Seriously though, if anyone knows how to get ahold of the site-manager or webmaster, please look into it. I've already PM'd the person who started a thread but he's been inactive for about 8 Months so I don't know that that will do any good.

Thanks

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Haha, I was looking at the API stuff the other day. I came back this morning and it was down. Fortunately I've made it through all the pubs already and don't really need the gouge. It'd be nice to have for a rainy day though! :D

Seriously, if someone knows how to get it back up that'd be great.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
It's not as extensive or updated, but a good place to start...most importantly...it's still up...

http://www.navygouge.com

http://www.bryanweatherup.com/gouge/

Keep fighting the good fight.

****DISCLAIMER**** Again, this is not the most up to date info (a lot of people leaned heavily on marine gouge). Make sure that you hit all the places that these gouge sites reference! Oh and I was a helo instructor...so don't try and drop names...it'll get you in trouble. :)