• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Los Angeles

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
Looking for a house/condo/shed to rent in Los Angeles.

Also, anyone know of a similar website for AF pilots? Apparently there is a large AF base in LA.

Forgive me, I'm a Coastie...

afwx

Booyahkah
You could always check out http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/ or look around baseops.net. That site is a site for USAF pilots. L.A. air station is actually incredibly small. You can literally walk from one side in a minute and a half (width wise) and about 3-4 minutes length wise.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
You can literally walk from one side in a minute and a half (width wise) and about 3-4 minutes length wise.

How the hell do you fit a golf course onto a base that small??? How did the Air Force allow this to happen????

afwx

Booyahkah
It is a tiny ass space base to the south of LAX. You would literally never know its there unless you were looking for it on a GPS. They have a commissary, exchange, and a couple of buildings that are shaped odd and made out of all glass. If you want go live "on base" you have go live on an Army post 30 minutes away. Now multiply that 30 minutes by wonderful 405 traffic and you are leaving for work at least 2 hours early just to sit through traffic.....no thank you. The only other AF installations around there are Edwards, to the north of Hollywood or March in San Bernardino. Vandenberg is north, but by about 3 hours in between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo.

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
Yeah, I've been assigned to the Coast Guard Air Station; flying 65s out of LAX.

Was asking about the AF base to expand my rental opportunities...

helo_wifey

I lived in LA 6 years before meeting helo husband, you might try Marina Del Rey, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, there are good parts to Culver City. I found most of my places either by driving around or Craigslist. When I left Manhattan Beach had some nicer apartments by the shopping areas near the REI on Rosecrans.

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
I lived in LA 6 years before meeting helo husband, you might try Marina Del Rey, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, there are good parts to Culver City. I found most of my places either by driving around or Craigslist. When I left Manhattan Beach had some nicer apartments by the shopping areas near the REI on Rosecrans.
Thanks. Been checking the standard websites...

Sometimes you get hooked up through a friend of a friend (AW)...