• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for STA-21 Gouge

kcthorn10

AWR3 (Tactical Helicopter)/ Rescue Swimmer
Hello everyone I'm new to the forums. I am currently an enlisted MH-60R helo crewman and rescue swimmer. My background is having my general ed's/general engineering completed, majoring in Aerospace Engineering at Virginia Tech. I left Sophomore year due to personal problems, joined the Navy, and now I have my head back on straight again. I'm looking for some advice on applying for STA-21 so I can finish my degree, become a pilot, and the eventual goal is test piloting (hence the aerospace degree).

I have a few general questions. First, how do I stack up as a candidate? How can I improve? I have a 95 ASVAB, got a 31 on my ACT (33 math). My GPA was pretty lousy back then, (2.25) however I was an immature kid who liked to party too much. However, I called the school, and they said my GPA should reset in 2 more years and these classes will simply be counted as a P and not toward my cumulative GPA.

Other random questions: Virginia Tech has a very large ROTC program. I am technically still considered a student there and could go back at any time. Does this increase my competitiveness as I already have acceptance into an ROTC school?

kcthorn10

AWR3 (Tactical Helicopter)/ Rescue Swimmer
To be clearer: My ACT overall composite was 31. For the purposes of STA-21 application, my score is 61 (33 math, 28 english).

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Search around the forum, or Google STA-21+Airwarriors. Lots of gouge around here.

Either way, doesn't matter how you think you stack up...submit your package and let the Navy decide.

Good look brother...