• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Likeliness of Being Positioned in Japan (Yokosuka)

Mayonaka

Hi! I am looking to be assigned to Yokosuka base as my number one, and wanted to hear feedback as to the likeliness of being to assigned it. I currently live in Tokyo, and am bilingual in Japanese, so being based in Japan is not a problem for me. (I am also open to other bases, but I honestly do not want Okinawa as I am fully aware of the stigma from Japanese towards service members and how one mistake from one of the branches can screw things up for everyone... even though it affects those on the mainland as well.)

Majors: Asian Studies and International Relations
Minor: Japanese
GPA: 3.04

Also, would you say I am competitive for an Intel O position? Thank you very much!

KORhc

We can't really give you an answer if you haven't taken the OAR test yet. But if you're new here and are genuinely interested in finding out what is competitive in each community, the search function is your best friend.
To answer your question of determining your first assignment, it's all about the Navy needs and where they need you to be, not where you want to be. Although they say that they'll take your requests into consideration, I wouldn't count on it in having lot of weight, especially if it's your first assignment.

exNavyOffRec

Hi! I am looking to be assigned to Yokosuka base as my number one, and wanted to hear feedback as to the likeliness of being to assigned it. I currently live in Tokyo, and am bilingual in Japanese, so being based in Japan is not a problem for me. (I am also open to other bases, but I honestly do not want Okinawa as I am fully aware of the stigma from Japanese towards service members and how one mistake from one of the branches can screw things up for everyone... even though it affects those on the mainland as well.)

Majors: Asian Studies and International Relations
Minor: Japanese
GPA: 3.04

Also, would you say I am competitive for an Intel O position? Thank you very much!

Your first concern should be getting selected, your GPA is low compared to the average of those selected, and you have a non tech degree.

learn how to use search, Intel Officers in the USN get to be really good with things like word, powerpoint, etc...