• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lefties that make a neat briefing board

TheYeti

A habitual complaint of Ip's in primary was that my writing sucked, so trying to improve that before advanced. However as I'm sure my fellow lefties have realized, your hand drags across while writing on a whiteboard and kind of makes it look like shit. So do any of you lefties have tips that helped you make a neater board? This may seem trivial just trying to not look like ass at advanced.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Or you can just do what the Saudis do... have one of their SNAGs write everything out neatly in permanent marker on a different board for every brief and pass them down to all who follow in their footsteps.

croakerfish

pilot
Whiteboards are my greatest enemy. I second the ruler suggestion, also if you think it's going to be a big deal to the IP maybe show up the extra 5 minutes early to go slow and do it right.

Pags

N/A
pilot
learn to write upside down so you write right to left? or learn to write backwards?

which advanced are you going to? I don't remember nice handwriting being a thing in HTs.

TheYeti

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to jet advanced and had multiple people tell me they were pretty particular about that kind of thing there. Good to hear that it's not a huge deal, but I'll definitely try out some of those tips. If all else fails I'll just figure out how to write right handed.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You'll use ebrief in advanced for briefing items and kneeboard cards. It's a CNATRA website.

A professional board and kneeboard card are going to be a part of every flight you fly from now until you're done flying pointy nose. Figure it out, it'll get easier with practice.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
You'll use ebrief in advanced for briefing items and kneeboard cards. It's a CNATRA website.

A professional board and kneeboard card are going to be a part of every flight you fly from now until you're done flying pointy nose. Figure it out, it'll get easier with practice.

The same goes for the RAG; at least VAQ-129 anyways. All our briefs are done by e-brief or placemat and require very little actually written on the white board.