• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is Intermediate really gone?

gotta_fly

pilot
Sorry to rehash something if it's been done to death... I searched but I want to confirm this. Is intermediate for props/helos now rolled into Primary? I am thinking I probably want to go the Maritime route and am trying to figure out what the pipeline would look like. So far I'm thinking it will be something like this:
IFS- 6wks
API- Pcola 6wks
Primary- Whiting or CC 31ish wks
Advanced- CC
RAG- JAX 6mos

Is this way off?

Thanks!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Intermediate is really gone.

You need to add in some "pool time" of undetermined length into your timeline there. At least 3 instances of it.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Intermediate is now... kinda spread between Primary and Advanced.

You're pipeline description above is accurate, except that you can also do Primary at Vance AFB. I did Primary in 7 - 8 months and Helo advanced took me 7 months.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Intermediate is really gone.

You need to add in some "pool time" of undetermined length into your timeline there. At least 3 instances of it.

I spent a month and and a half in A-pool before getting IFS, followed by 3 days between IFS completion and API.

I was graduated API on a Friday and had to report in at Vance on Monday morning... where I began the AF version of API all over again after a 3 week wait.

I graduated Primary, had 3 weeks of nothing before I had to report to HT-18 where I classed up the day after I reported in.

So, if that is at all representative... I'd factor in about 2 months total of "between time" if you're honestly calculating it to that degree... but it's pointless to do so because weather/holidays/scheduling/illness will make it impossible to accuratly gauge how long it will take you anyway.

Rubiks06

pilot
You never can tell how long your waits will be though. Once i was done with the initial wait associated with API (3.5 weeks) i had a grand total of 7 days between API and Primary and none between primary and advanced. Granted im currently in the middle of a 2 month wait between advanced and the FRS. Take your time...youll be done before you know it. If you stress about getting done, you just have one more thing to worry about.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNATRA web site is not correct yet.

LivinMyDream

pilot
Gotta Fly: I just completed and winged on Dec. 14th '07. My timeline is as follows:

9/1/06: Report to Pensacola with IFS already complete
11/1/06: Started API
12/15/06: Finished API, checked into Whiting Stash Pool for Primary
1/15/07: Started Primary
6/7/07: Finished Primary, selected P-3's, had a week to move to Corpus
7/1/07: Started Advanced
12/14/07: Winged Naval Aviator
1/30/08: Move to Jacksonville for the RAG
2/12/08: SERE in Maine
3/12/08: Start the Rag

Hope this helps...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Is that a pretty typical timeline (wings at end of advanced, SERE, RAG, fleet)?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Really? I thought it was a requirement before getting to your squadron.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Really? I thought it was a requirement before getting to your squadron.

Well, let me put it this way, I don't know of a Marine in my peer group to go yet...

Here is my timeline if it helps.

IFS: Oct-Nov 04
TBS: Nov 04 - June 05
Pool: July - early Aug 05
API: Aug - Sept 05
Pool: Mid Sept - Oct 05
Primary: Nov 05 - May 06
Advanced: June 06 - March 07
FRS: April - Aug 07
Leave: 30 days
Fleet Squadron: Sept - Present

Being in Operations I am able to get a good idea of whats coming down the line and I am not slated for SERE before going on my first deployment in July.

As for it being a requirement, well everything is waivable...

MasterBates

You can be waived from SERE on the Navy side as well. I know a few hinges that have not been, and wanted to keep that QUIET before their upcoming gulf deployments..

People wonder why they did Friday FCF as LCDRs... :D :icon_smil