• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel/IW badges?

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Just out of curiosity, how come it seems that the only two officer specializations in the Navy that don't have their own badge are Intel and IW? Are we all destined to be badgeless? =)

MasterBates

Just out of curiosity, how come it seems that the only two officer specializations in the Navy that don't have their own badge are Intel and IW? Are we all destined to be badgeless? =)

What, you don't feel special without some sort of wings or dolphins?

Did you cry if you did not get your 12th place participation trophy as well?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Now wait a minute...I think I can see it. Non-anodized, gold...something like this.

stooges.gif

I keed, I keed!

robav8r

None
Contributor
Intel officers that serve in squadrons with multi-place crews can qualify for the Naval Aviation Observer (NAO) breast insignia. You have to achieve a basic level of NATOPS knowledge like "observer." Once you are qualified in the A/C and have logged 200 hours of flight time, you can apply for the NAO insignia.

Attachments

• meteorologist.jpg
    meteorologist.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 86

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I was just curious, because it seems that everybody and their brother in the Navy gets a badge that goes along with their area of "expertise"/their speciality, save for IW/INT. Just wonderin' why, that's all.

FUPaladin

couldabeen
I'm not the one to listen to as I haven't even been to OCS yet, but the way I understand it (and this is probably grossly oversimplifying) is that it's the URL officers who get the badges while the restricted line officers don't. So if you're an operations guy (flying a plane, driving a ship, etc.) you get a badge, while those in supporting roles such as Intel, IW, Supply, and others go badgeless. Is that oversimplifying to the point of being incorrect or do I have the idea?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just curious, because it seems that everybody and their brother in the Navy gets a badge that goes along with their area of "expertise"/their speciality, save for IW/INT. Just wonderin' why, that's all.

You must be thinking of the Air Force which has badges for everything under the sun

651px-