• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel: Day in the Life

mike172

GO NAVY
Intel

Can anyone give me some info on what it is like to be an Intel officer, or direct me to a forum which has more of these mysterious persons. I checked Usnavyocs.com and searched but am having trouble finding stuff. Thanks!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can anyone give me some info on what it is like to be an Intel officer, or direct me to a forum which has more of these mysterious persons. I checked Usnavyocs.com and searched but am having trouble finding stuff. Thanks!

You will become one with the force.........;)

orig.gif

mike172

GO NAVY
Not really just what its like to be a JO Intel guy,what they do, how they live, their role on a ship vs shore. I guess the life of a spy... long broad question I know...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not really just what its like to be a JO Intel guy,what they do, how they live, their role on a ship vs shore. I guess the life of a spy... long broad question I know...

You should read Punk's War by Ward Carroll. The Spies figure prominently.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am a little confused. Is Intel restricted line officer only? Or whats the deal with that.

Yes, all Intel Officers are Restricted Line Officers.

Unrestricted Line Officers can get some Intel sub-specialty codes but that does little more than show that you had a tour in an intel related job.

mike172

GO NAVY
So if I were to go Intel what exactly would that me[an] as far as being restricted line vs unrestricted?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So if I were to go Intel what exactly would that me as far as being restricted line vs unrestricted?

For one thing, you avoid a lot of watches/duty that the Unrestricted Line guys don't.

navy09

None
Your profile says that you're an ROTC guy; 99% of ROTC grads go into URL (Intel is RL). There's always the possibility of lat xfer somewhere down the line though.