• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS with a rotor PPL?

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
Just a quick question about IFS. I have a little while before I make it to Pensacola, so it doesn't really matter right now, but I have a PPL for helicopters. I've heard that having a PPL means that I wouldn't go through IFS, but I've also never been in a fixed wing plane. Anyone know what they would do? I would like to be able to to possibly get my fixed wing add on. Or at least use IFS as a refresher of sorts.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
In your opinion, would you recommend one or two fam flights just to knock the rust off? Or does the API curriculum have a few flights worked in that will do that anyway?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
In your opinion, would you recommend one or two fam flights just to knock the rust off? Or does the API curriculum have a few flights worked in that will do that anyway?
No flying in API, but there are 4 fam flights at the beginning of flight training in Primary.

helidj

This conversation was a long time ago but for those wondering, you will need to do IFS if you have a helicopter private pilots license. I am in the same situation and just finished IFS.

nukon

pilot
This conversation was a long time ago but for those wondering, you will need to do IFS if you have a helicopter private pilots license. I am in the same situation and just finished IFS.

$.02: my roommate held a commercial helo rating and had to skip IFS (much to their chagrin)