• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How were your experiences in the centrifuge?

f18 super hornet or ea growler

• Total voters

swampertness

Can you describe it?
How many G's do you experience for training for a hornet or growler? How many do you experience when training for the hawkeye?

As it stands now, if you get selected for Tailhook out of Primary you will go to the centrifuge before going to Intermediate/Advanced. The profiles peak at 7.5 G. You can find a lot of videos on youtube.

Description: It sucks

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Did anybody say it sucks yet?

It does. The g-onset is very fast...and you can't control it so you just have to fight through it like they teach you. It feels different in the jet...not AS bad at least.
At least in the jet if you screw up your g-strain you can relax your pull a little and reset.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Can you describe it?
How many G's do you experience for training for a hornet or growler? How many do you experience when training for the hawkeye?

Worst part of the centrifuge for me was the tumbling sensation (Coriolis effect?) when you are coming down off the profile. It felt like my world was going to hell in a hand basket since my inner ear was not happy.

I went right before lunch after sitting around for 5 hours and had my head down at the restaurant for a good 15-20 before I recovered because it jacked up my equilibrium so much. Probably due to my being an idiot and turning my head suddenly back to the front after the last profile where you have your head to the side.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And, I don't get your quiz. That's not a question that can be covered in a poll. Besides, you didn't include the -18C...which everybody knows is mo' betta.

I think she's a FO-hopeful.

But yeah, agreed...weird poll.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Could be months 8-13 of deployment soon, the way things are going. Not cool.

Yeah, the 'fuge is 30 minutes of your life that you never have to do again. Be in good shape, and get a good nights' sleep before you go. 'Nuff said.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Do they still give you/let you buy a copy of the video of your experience? My friend showed us his video a couple of months ago and it was amazing--not only that people go through that on a regular basis/it has actual real world implications but also because the reactions are priceless. Add in a bunch of alcohol and those videos are drunk party gold!

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
And, I don't get your quiz. That's not a question that can be covered in a poll. Besides, you didn't include the -18C...which everybody knows is mo' broken.

Fixed it for ya, bro.

Yeah, the centrifuge sucks, because the G's seem worse than the aircraft, and because if your head isn't perfectly stationary you get this terrible tumbling sensation that makes you sick to your stomach...which is exactly how you want to feel pulling G's....

I still think the centrifuge is worse than the T-45 is worse than the Rhino as far as how G's feel.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Haha. It's not the Chucks that are broke, it's the Deltas. Fucking two seat aircraft...what a waste of gas ;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha. It's not the Chucks that are broke, it's the Deltas. Fucking two seat aircraft...what a waste of gas ;)
And that blur you see on the table over there is the 2 Chuck squadrons in the air wing playing the world's fastest MX/Ops/CAG Ops shell game to make their sortie completion rate. Might as well just amalgamate 'em into one super squadron and make the paperwork easier.

And yes, that's the Prowler guy calling your jets broke. :)