• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting selected again

Towards the end of 2016 I applied for SNA for both Navy and Marine Corps; I was selected for both branches but was contractually obligated to go to OCS for the Marines. Near the very end of OCS I got injured and was medically dropped. I'm now submitting an application again for SNA, solely with Navy this time. My hope is that the board won't hold it against me that I initially went Marine Corps and turned down Navy. Does anyone have a similar experience?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My hope is that the board won't hold it against me that I initially went Marine Corps and turned down Navy. Does anyone have a similar experience?

They kind of will. You were offered a Navy commission and declined it for something else. Second chances are few and far and between in Navy OCS programs so be prepared for a very ateep uphill battle.

jRiot504

They kind of will. You were offered a Navy commission and declined it for something else. Second chances are few and far and between in Navy OCS programs so be prepared for a very ateep uphill battle.

Out of curiosity, how do they know if you were selected before yet turned it down? It was never on the application process. I ask because I was selected for SWO 8 years ago, though had to turn it down for family reasons at the time.

* Wasn't competitive at the time of IWC so I didn't apply, just SWO.

It's not so much that I declined Navy's offer, I just already had an obligation to the Marines by the time Navy told me I was selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It's not so much that I declined Navy's offer, I just already had an obligation to the Marines by the time Navy told me I was selected.

You’re not getting it. You still declined an opportunity to pursue Navy even though you had a “commitment” to the Marines.

exNavyOffRec

You’re not getting it. You still declined an opportunity to pursue Navy even though you had a “commitment” to the Marines.

Let me help by explaining it the way a Chief does.

So you have these 2 chicks (1 and 2) you want to go out with, you ask both if they would like to go out, neither gives you an answer right away, but one (1) calls you later and says she will go with you and you agree and make plans, then the other chick (2) says she would like to go out, whether you tell her no or not she (2) will believe it is a no. Then when things don't work out with chick (1) you are going out with when you call up that second chick (2) she may or may not be willing to give you a second chance.