• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting Ready to take the OAR next week and need help

Does anyone have study material on the mechanical comprehension part...need anything really. Thanks

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GABE25

Does anyone have study material on the mechanical comprehension part...need anything really. Thanks

STG1-ENS

I used the following study guides that I bought on Amazon. They helped out quite a bit. Believe it or not, the Officer Candidate Tests For Dummies was probably the best study guide that I found. If you are currently active duty enlisted, you could also take the Basic Machines Non Resident Training Course. It goes more in depth than what you need, but will definitely help you get the basics down.

Barron's Mechanical Aptitude and Spatial Relations Test
http://www.amazon.com/Barrons-Mecha...echanical+Aptitude+and+Spatial+Relations+Test

Officer Candidate Tests For Dummies
http://www.amazon.com/Officer-Candidate-Tests-For-Dummies/dp/047059876X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

GABE25

I currently have been st
I used the following study guides that I bought on Amazon. They helped out quite a bit. Believe it or not, the Officer Candidate Tests For Dummies was probably the best study guide that I found. If you are currently active duty enlisted, you could also take the Basic Machines Non Resident Training Course. It goes more in depth than what you need, but will definitely help you get the basics down.

Barron's Mechanical Aptitude and Spatial Relations Test
http://www.amazon.com/Barrons-Mechanical-Aptitude-Spatial-Relations/dp/0764141082/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1344317081&sr=1-1&keywords=Barron's Mechanical Aptitude and Spatial Relations Test

Officer Candidate Tests For Dummies
http://www.amazon.com/Officer-Candidate-Tests-For-Dummies/dp/047059876X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
I am currently studying the Officer Candidate tests for dummies, but the mechanical comprehension part seems to be off from what everyone on airwarriors is saying thats on the test. As far as pulleys they have no examples of that. I am not prior enlisted but thanks for the help and anything else would be greatly appreciated.

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I thought the Barrons book was outstanding. I only studied the math and mechanical. The dummies book I personally thought was horrible. I think it tried to go into concepts that were above what was required and detracted from what you actually needed to know. The barrons book has a good mechanical section. Arco has a good one out. I did a whole bunch of DOD prep tests for the AFOQT and ASVAB which have a ton of the same sections as the ASTB but those were routed through a DOD forum and I logged in through my NKO account. for any active guys out there log on to your nko and its the petersons test prep under the section where its like professional development and training. They have GRE, SAT, ASVAB, AFOQT, and a ton of other college level test prep exams to study off of. PM me if you want the exact location on NKO and I will look.

GABE25

I thought the Barrons book was outstanding. I only studied the math and mechanical. The dummies book I personally thought was horrible. I think it tried to go into concepts that were above what was required and detracted from what you actually needed to know. The barrons book has a good mechanical section. Arco has a good one out. I did a whole bunch of DOD prep tests for the AFOQT and ASVAB which have a ton of the same sections as the ASTB but those were routed through a DOD forum and I logged in through my NKO account. for any active guys out there log on to your nko and its the petersons test prep under the section where its like professional development and training. They have GRE, SAT, ASVAB, AFOQT, and a ton of other college level test prep exams to study off of. PM me if you want the exact location on NKO and I will look.
Yea that's what I was thinking about in reference to the mechanical comprehension part on the OCT for dummies book. Well, I really do not want to go out and spend money on another book. Anyone have any materials they can send to me via digits or website. Just on the mechanical comprehension part. Thanks!!!!