• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY2018 O-4 Board

NUFO06

None
Any new developments? Does anyone know what the board target promotion percentage was for this year?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Looks like it went down compared to last year's 85%. Get that resume ready! Jk...sorta.

NUFO06

None
You mean (AZ + IZ) / IZ doesn't equal promotion percentage. Doesn't really flow with their AZ and IZ are treated eqaully line.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You mean (AZ + IZ) / IZ doesn't equal promotion percentage. Doesn't really flow with their AZ and IZ are treated eqaully line.

The fact is, they made the fraction for THEM. THEY filled 85% of billets based on the projection for billets associated with a specific YG. I get it, and I hear the explanation every time it comes up as if I don't understand what they're doing. But for the sake of WHY they are publishing the numbers and who the consumers are (us: with a vested interest in figuring out our odds/careers/etc), they are full of shit. You can't simply make up a fraction and keep a straight face while claiming it means anything for the people who are using it to figure out their odds. If the made-up fraction was so important to them, they should do the math and use that number internally. For the rest of us, it looks like an effort to blow smoke.

NUFO06

None
I get to test the theory of will doing Shooter boat tour make a difference as my competitive boat fitrep wasn't in yet when I got passed over the first time. I predict not.

NUFO06

None
What does a O-4 non select for DH career track look like? Do you still bounce from a sea to shout until 20?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
What does a O-4 non select for DH career track look like? Do you still bounce from a sea to shout until 20?
For MPRF NFO? TACRON? Wing? Who knows, but I'm guessing not good. I have heard of some weird billets, some good, some not. My TACAMO NFO buddy arranged to go back to the wing to at least go back to his wife/home after geo-baching on the boat. I've also heard there's an E2 NFO billet on a cruiser.... if that's true and I were a tube rat, I would never stop vomiting.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm sure there is a billet for any 1310/1320 on a cruiser somewhere.......whether it gets filled depends on how desperate someone is.....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm sure there is a billet for any 1310/1320 on a cruiser somewhere.......whether it gets filled depends on how desperate someone is.....
Well sure, but it's more about AQDs/quals. An E2 window-licker is basically a flying OS in combat (AIC/etc) so the duties are directly transferable for them to take a leadership position as a non-DH on a cruiser.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
WTF! Did you just come back to troll?
What is trolling about that? Perhaps hyperbolic, but that was told to me directly by an E2 NFO who worked with me as a TAO in combat... I understand there are some differences in authority and other duties, but a lot of the basic job sets are very similar and the point was it make sense for someone with that background to work in combat on a cruiser overseeing people with whom that person has a direct knowledge of their jobs and required duties.