• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight physical and waiver wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Hey, how long did it take you guys to get the results of your flight physical and PRK waiver info after taking it? I took the physical on May 14th. I still have yet to hear anything. Im crapping bricks... only because the dealine for the Marine OCS OCC 187 board is in about 2 weeks. I hope I dont miss my shot.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Flight physical: I knew at that time I had passed. They had me take around a package to different depts in the naval hospital to get checked out. They just sign off each part as you go through.

Haven't had PRK yet.

reapergm

Yeah, I did the whole physical. That all went fine, ..or atleast with the immediate results the had. But after all was said and done, they said they had to send it to NOMI/NAMI and then BUMED for the final waiver process. Im just wondering how long it should take until I get the final word. Stevew thinks I wont find out for another 3 months or so. I hope this isnt true, or atleast that I can attend OCS pending waiver.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I had my flight physical in December 2003 and didn't get my waiver until April 2004, three weeks before commissioning!! I was ROTC so it didn't matter, but since you have an OCS date you should start bugging people to get it done and explain to them your situation. My experience with Bumed/NOMI is that they'll put things off until the last minute unless someone lights a fire under their rear.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Red2, that's an AWESOME avatar....it's not every day you get to have Wedge staring at you from your computer...lol.

reapergm

Thanks guys. Yeah, I spoke to my OSO today. He said that I have to go back to recheck my dental ( I had to have a tooth pulled) and that the waiver could wait until after commissioning. So as long as I pass everything else, I can be submitted. I dont know what that will mean in the long run, but I want to be a Marine either way (air/ground). As long as I can go, Im cool. He seems to think I will be good to go ( if selected). Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.