• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fighter Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr-10

Hello,

I need some advice regarding competing for a pilot slot with either the Air Force or Navy. I’ve expressed in previous posts that I’m studying mechanical engineering in Canada. I woukd really appreciate some advice on how to stand out from the other candidates. I can keep the GPA high and get some research/internships. I’m a part of the Canadian Satellite Design Team for extracurriculars & doing engine work for my university rover. Money is tight at the moment and I don’t have 10-15k to spend on a private pilot license to aid my OCS package.

I was told I can apply 1 year from completion of a degree. If selected as a pilot candidate, how does one earn their choice of aircraft? I know it’s the needs of the Navy or Air Force first but I was informed it was along the lines of: “the natural born aviators get fighters (1 in 1000), good aviators get cargos/bombers, & the ones who try but fall short get helicopters? I know it’s extremely difficult to be a fighter pilot, but is there anything I can do now to help me get there? Or is that solely determined at UPT? If I do get selected, I can study hard for flight school to increase my chances because I’m used to studying 10-12 hours a day for engineering. But I can try my best and still fail so I’ll be more than grateful to serve in any aircraft.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
“the natural born aviators get fighters (1 in 1000), good aviators get cargos/bombers, & the ones who try but fall short get helicopters?
Actually, only 42% of natural born aviators get fighters.
Dude, read the threads on the site to answer all of your questions. Nobody here can make any kind of assessment about your chances.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
...the natural born aviators get fighters Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatches (1 in 1000), good aviators get cargos/bombers Seikos, & the ones who try but fall short get helicopters Casios? I know it’s extremely difficult to be a fighter pilot get an Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch, but is there anything I can do now to help me get there?

Squirrel away a boat load of money. :D

C1922A4A-333D-412D-83B9-610FB70DD99B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.