• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fifty years ago today ...

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Nice photo of your winging. I'd forgotten how cool-looking the dress-khaki uniforms were !!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was that a cell phone camera picture? :D
Ha ha ha... cell phone?
Ha ha ha... iPhone 5... 1962? ha ha ha (well played). They were still using hand-cranked (party line, all neighbors eavesdropping) telephones in 1962!:eek:
Crank Phone.jpg
BTW, Ron becomes the 2nd AW to have been (survived), a half-century as a Naval Aviator. Congrats to AW "Grey Eagle II"! Eagle I out.:D
BzB

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
rdin582l.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My old man has a nearly identical photo from '58 hung proudly in the family room/den of my folks house. I often ask him what flight school was like without running water or electricity.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My old man has a nearly identical photo from '58 hung proudly in the family room/den of my folks house. I often ask him what flight school was like without running water or electricity.

MIDN...heck, maybe I know him? I wuz winged 03/07/1958, NAAS Bugville, TX.:cool:
Wings @ Beeville, TX.jpg
BzB

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice photo of your winging. I'd forgotten how cool-looking the dress-khaki uniforms were !!

Geez, they got rid of two of my favorites, AWGs & SDKs. I cannot understand why (change for changes sake?). The whole Navy uniform system has become so screwed up, can't ID a Sailor from a Marine, need multi-$$$ & 3 seabags full of uniforms/multi-color pattern cammys, etc., what was wrong with our former dress/working uniforms? The old 'Navy look' was unique, and frankly... the Chicks loved our old "unis".:D

UNIFORM means - the same! Sadly, not so much any more.:(
BzB