• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB 19 SUPPLY BOARD

BMUNO

BMuno
I have submitted my package for this board, Anyone else out there has submitted?

BM1-8Years(AD and Reserves)
OAR: 53
GPA:3.1
B.s Supply Chain and Logistics Technology(University of Houston).
Applying for : Supply and SWO

I also applied,
Oar: 51
GPA: 3.76
Bachelors of science business administration from Hawaii pacific university.

Good luck!!!

BMUNO

BMuno
Do you have 6 years total ACTIVE DUTY service?
I saw the new PA stating the whole 6 years deal. I will look at my ASOSH. A little background, I have 4years and 10 months of ACTIVE DUTY. I transitioned to drilling reservist Dec 2014 to-Present.

TruckLover

Applied for supply and swo as well.
OAR: 56
GPA: 3.15
B.S. Business Administration, Major Economics from University of Dayton

I have heard results can come out anywhere from a week to a month. What have you guys heard?

BMUNO

BMuno
Do you have 6 years total ACTIVE DUTY service?

I am surprised this post does n0t have as many participants. I hope there is enough applications IN so the board can convene. Any minimum requirement application for a board to convene?

BMUNO

BMuno
Remember, AWs is aviation-centric, not supply corps.
Good point!! However there is other posts from past years with SUPPO boards or SWO boards, with very active participation. Any idea if a board can be cancelled if there is no enough applicants?

BillVa

First post on this website. I too have applied for this Supply Board and feel it could be beneficial to share my stats (In depth):

OAR: 42
B.S. Public Administration, Minor: Intelligence Analysis
George Mason University

Interviews: 3 retired Navy 0-6s, 1 active Navy O-4
LORs: 1 Senator, 1 Congressman, 2 retired Navy O-6s

Work Experience:
- 2 Fortune 500 companies: (Personal Banker, Community Liaison - 3 years total)
- 2 Law firms: (Legal Assistant - 1 year -- Paralegal - 3 1/2 years)
- Capitol Hill: (Intern - 7 months -- Staff Assistant - 5 months)
- County Government: (Legislative Aide & Communications Director - 1 year)

*The corporations and law firms were mostly simultaneous during college years, family moved across the country after high school and I had to work full-time during full-time college courses, which explains amount of work history by age 24*

Community leadership:
- Rotary International: (Member, Social Media Manager)
- Knights of Columbus: (Member, First Degree Knight)
- Campaign Coordinator: (Local, State and Federal political campaigns)

As you can see, my OAR and GPA are not really competitive, although they have been accepted in the past.

What I'm really trying to highlight here for those wondering about their chances is that many applicants forget about the "whole person concept" and the strength of their work experience, recommendations, community involvement, and their motivational statement. Most of you just posted your immediate stats, which is fine and what will be looked at strongly, but i've been told by senior officer's the rest really does matter.

So, despite having a very strong package outside of my OAR score, I'm figuring with less than 20% acceptance, I probably have less than a 5% chance.

All I can say is good luck, don't forget you can reapply if you are a non-select, and if you are selected, congratulations.

Bill

TruckLover

First post on this website. I too have applied for this Supply Board and feel it could be beneficial to share my stats (In depth):

OAR: 42
B.S. Public Administration, Minor: Intelligence Analysis
George Mason University

Interviews: 3 retired Navy 0-6s, 1 active Navy O-4
LORs: 1 Senator, 1 Congressman, 2 retired Navy O-6s

Work Experience:
- 2 Fortune 500 companies: (Personal Banker, Community Liaison - 3 years total)
- 2 Law firms: (Legal Assistant - 1 year -- Paralegal - 3 1/2 years)
- Capitol Hill: (Intern - 7 months -- Staff Assistant - 5 months)
- County Government: (Legislative Aide & Communications Director - 1 year)

*The corporations and law firms were mostly simultaneous during college years, family moved across the country after high school and I had to work full-time during full-time college courses, which explains amount of work history by age 24*

Community leadership:
- Rotary International: (Member, Social Media Manager)
- Knights of Columbus: (Member, First Degree Knight)
- Campaign Coordinator: (Local, State and Federal political campaigns)

As you can see, my OAR and GPA are not really competitive, although they have been accepted in the past.

What I'm really trying to highlight here for those wondering about their chances is that many applicants forget about the "whole person concept" and the strength of their work experience, recommendations, community involvement, and their motivational statement. Most of you just posted your immediate stats, which is fine and what will be looked at strongly, but i've been told by senior officer's the rest really does matter.

So, despite having a very strong package outside of my OAR score, I'm figuring with less than 20% acceptance, I probably have less than a 5% chance.

All I can say is good luck, don't forget you can reapply if you are a non-select, and if you are selected, congratulations.

Bill
I think you definitely have a strong package especially looking at your work experience and letters. I have no doubt with a few weeks of studying you could get your OAR up to a 50 or higher if you don't make it this time around. How do interviews factor into the application? My recruiter did not tell me anything about interviews.