• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

F-35's 8x20 MFD & Helmet Mounted Display (HMD)

8"x20" MFD, Finger-on-Screen capability, and new Helmet system, Brit-style g-suit and new, adjustable Martin Baker seat are some of the highlights.

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/archives/2006/articles/apr_06/front-office/index.html

f35interface_01.jpg

f35interface_05.jpg

f35interface_07.jpg

f35interface_06.jpg

-jai5w4

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Who is the girl? I want to meet her.

Oh yeah, uh, cool screen and head gear too.

What was this thread about again?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Mefesto said:
Nice find... but WTF is with that helmet??? Obviously designed by someone thats never had to try and look behind them during a BFM engagement.

As the helmet is designed to allow the pilot to cue his aircraft's weapons by simply turning his head, I'd have to disagree with you.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
As the helmet is designed to allow the pilot to cue his aircraft's weapons by simply turning his head, I'd have to disagree with you.

As his point was, if you are defensive i.e. looking behind you for the bad guys, you aren’t worried about “cueing weapons”. We don’t have lasers that shoot backwards…Yet.:icon_smil

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
heh, first thing I thought of seeing that helmet was this one

:edit:uploaded image instead of attempting to link, oh yeah for those who don't know it's the metroid helmet

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 108

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
As his point was, if you are defensive i.e. looking behind you for the bad guys, you aren’t worried about “cueing weapons”. We don’t have lasers that shoot backwards…Yet.:icon_smil

I personally don't believe that helmet will interfere with ones vision much at all. If you look in varying directions, without moving your head, it appears that your vision would be limited no more by that helmet, than by the features on your face. Unless he was talking about the helmet being large and making it more difficult to turn your head and such, then I would probably agree to some degree, although I've heard that it really doesn't weigh much more than current helmets. It does however appear awkward.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I'm just pissed at how long her hair is... GET IN REGS!

a goddamn fire hazard I tell you.

BigRed389

None
heh, first thing I thought of seeing that helmet was this one

:edit:uploaded image instead of attempting to link, oh yeah for those who don't know it's the metroid helmet

If the eyes were covered by a black visor, it'd look a lot like a TIE pilot helmet too.

And I think PropStop's the only poster so far on this thread that's got his priorities right. :D

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Ok.. and huh, how many defensive sets have you done Ryan? Scratch that, how much time to you have fighting... period?

Wait, you mean through experience you may have a different view, and possibly more valid? Say it ain't so!