• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted Active Duty to OCS 1st Timer

serratafranklin

Hello everyone,
I'm here to seek some advice. I am currently a Yeoman (Submarines) Second Class and have been active duty for 5 years and will hit my 6 year mark on January 29, 2019. I am currently working on my Bachelors in Information Systems Security and will finish this December 2018. So far I have a GPA of 3.91, and I also have an Associates in Industrial Electronics but my GPA was 2.9. I wasn't really dedicated to school back then. I am 26 years old and I will be 27 this October 2018. My evals are great, I also have 2 NAMs. In the summer I will take my OAR and hope to get above a 50. I am looking to apply for SUPPO/INTEL/IP communities. Any advice on what can make my package look better?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone,
I'm here to seek some advice. I am currently a Yeoman (Submarines) Second Class and have been active duty for 5 years and will hit my 6 year mark on January 29, 2019. I am currently working on my Bachelors in Information Systems Security and will finish this December 2018. So far I have a GPA of 3.91, and I also have an Associates in Industrial Electronics but my GPA was 2.9. I wasn't really dedicated to school back then. I am 26 years old and I will be 27 this October 2018. My evals are great, I also have 2 NAMs. In the summer I will take my OAR and hope to get above a 50. I am looking to apply for SUPPO/INTEL/IP communities. Any advice on what can make my package look better?

First and foremost, start by searching around the forums. There's countless numbers of prior enlisted/active duty folks who applied and you're no exception. Second, start by googling the "Navy Program Authorizations" to see what you're eligible for. They are fairly easy to understand and can tell you what's allowed, not allowed, or even waiverable (if applicable). Lastly, find a mentor, ideally an officer who can help set you up for success. You still have a little ways until you can apply, but having a plan NOW is better than having a plan TOO LATE.