• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dress Blue question

Midshipmanjosh

While i was at OCS, one of the officers said that it was acceptable to wear our dress blue out to dinner (as in taking your wife out to a nice restaurant). But i have recently been told that this was not the case. So could someone enlighten me as to the occasion to when we are allowed to where our dress blue out in public (if at all). Thanks.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Oooooh...not sure....I would assume that the same general guidelines are true but...

Green Team??

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
The Dress blue Bravo uniform (ribbons and badges) is authorized to wear out in town...Dress blue Alphas (medals and non-corresponding ribbons) is not.

Midshipmanjosh

thanks waldo...

so say for instance, i was going to a Christmas dinner i could wear the dress blues with ribbons and badges correct?

hump1909

yes you are authorized if you are wearing the ribbons/ shooting badges........should you?? that's up to you

GT Propjock

Dress Blues with ribbons and shooting badges is authorized out in town. Same as previous though, be smart about where you are going in them.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Do Marines learn to wear all of their uniforms at PLC or OCS. A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day. He was under the impression that they just wear digis the entire time.

aro7382

Nothing worse then being caught somewhere in the wrong uniform.
MCO P1020.34G pg.2-6 will have your answers. I tried to cut and past out of the .pdf but it wouldn't paste on here.

GT Propjock

Do Marines learn to wear all of their uniforms at PLC or OCS. A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day. He was under the impression that they just wear digis the entire time.

OCS is pretty much utilities the entire time. If you are getting commissioned from OCS, then you will be sized for Alphas for your commissioning. Other uniforms are aquired between OCS and TBS. Learning the ropes no later than the end of TBS.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
OCS is pretty much utilities the entire time. If you are getting commissioned from OCS, then you will be sized for Alphas for your commissioning. Other uniforms are aquired between OCS and TBS. Learning the ropes no later than the end of TBS.

So a PLC guy will graduate only knowing how to wear his utilities? Are they authorized to wear anything else? I was under the impression that Navy OCS has dining ins/outs and such partially to teach the candidates how to wear their uniforms. Is there nothing like this for Marines?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
There's no dining in/out for Marines at OCS. It's Marpat all the time unless you're graduating and commissioning, then it's alpha's. You can learn to wear your uniforms by reading the regs for answers to any question.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
So a PLC guy will graduate only knowing how to wear his utilities? Are they authorized to wear anything else? I was under the impression that Navy OCS has dining ins/outs and such partially to teach the candidates how to wear their uniforms. Is there nothing like this for Marines?
OCS for the Marine Corps is more like a try out to make the team ... you learn all that other trash at TBS

as for the Dress Blues, you can wear the Dress Blues Bravo's out in town ... Dress Blue Alpha's aren't suppose to be worn out in town, but seems like after every Marine Corps Ball I have gone to I have found myself and my buds out in the 'ville in them swing'n on brew (only a good idea when you have a hinge taggin' along that you can put the blame on if you get called out)

USMC Uniform Order