• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Degree Completion Plan Instructions

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
(Apologies, have a meeting with my Dean tomorrow and don't want to nag my recruiter about it since she's already working on some stuff for me.)

I just have a quick dumb question, how do you fill out the Degree Completion Plan? If I'm taking ACCT-390 Business, Accounting, and Finance, do I do Course: Accounting; Course Number: 390; Hours: 3; Title: Business Accounting and Finance?

Google-fu and searching AW turned up nothing so if you could tell me I'm doing the form correctly it would be greatly appreciated.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your degree completion plan will list all the required classes you need to complete to graduate. Ideally your plan will list by quarter (or semester) what you plan to take to complete your degree. It's not that hard. If you don't know what specific class you want to take to fulfill your English or Sociology (non-degree) requirements, just put down the basic title of that is required.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Yeah that's what I thought, I was just trying to figure out what to put in the different fields on the form. Does this look correct?Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 2.57.14 PM.png

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Your degree completion plan will list all the required classes you need to complete to graduate. Ideally your plan will list by quarter (or semester) what you plan to take to complete your degree. It's not that hard. If you don't know what specific class you want to take to fulfill your English or Sociology (non-degree) requirements, just put down the basic title of that is required.

Hey at least we know he's got the potential to make a great pilot: can't navigate simple evolutions without a talk on from a NFO...

Hoya, did your classes get approved?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Hey at least we know he's got the potential to make a great pilot: can't navigate simple evolutions without a talk on from a NFO...

Hoya, did your classes get approved?

Had a good chuckle out of that one, thanks zippy. :D

Still waiting to hear back, I don't get my preliminary schedule for next semester until Saturday.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
On this topic, is it a huge deal if you end up completing the same classes, but in a different order than listed on the DCP?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Is it a game-ender to move a graduation target from May to August, once already PROREC Y? I'm not in a situation where that's my only option, but I am between a rock and a hard place. I haven't talked to my recruiter because I don't want to signal that there's trouble, unless trouble has arrived.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Great question for @RUFiO181. More concerning is your GPA. Bad news doesn't get better with time....talk to your OR NOW!

GPA is mathematically (heh) locked above a 2.5, and not a concern. Timeline is what I'm thinking about here. If asking for a summer extension kills the deal, then I'll strap up and do what needs to be done next semester. If not, I'd like to avoid potentially biting off more than I can chew.

exNavyOffRec

GPA is mathematically (heh) locked above a 2.5, and not a concern. Timeline is what I'm thinking about here. If asking for a summer extension kills the deal, then I'll strap up and do what needs to be done next semester. If not, I'd like to avoid potentially biting off more than I can chew.

What NRC does can sometimes change with who is running NRC, a few years ago they would push you out since realistically you would not be moving to a new FY for commissioning date, but I have also seen where if a person is trying to extend and go over 1 year since selection they will drop you and have you reapply.

There is one person that can answer all these questions and that person is the OR.