• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEERS down?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last week I showed up at the local National Guard for a new ID. Sign said DEERS was down "nationwide" and there was "nothing we can do". No service. Just came back and found same sign and the place is a ghost town. Anyone else finding this "nationwide"? How can they have a problem in a critical system that can't be fixed in 5 days?

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
I tried to get an ID card last week too, and they told me the same thing. Told me to call before I went back in so I didn't waste a trip to base.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Just got a new ID at KNSE Friday (had to match the flightsuit to the picture) and no problems there...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good news. I didn't try friday because I knew they were mustering the troops to active duty to go down to the border, so I expected they'd be busy.

PNW Flyer

None
Last week I showed up at the local National Guard for a new ID. Sign said DEERS was down "nationwide" and there was "nothing we can do". No service. Just came back and found same sign and the place is a ghost town. Anyone else finding this "nationwide"? How can they have a problem in a critical system that can't be fixed in 5 days?
“Critical” ?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it not required to go to the hospital or get certain other services to verify eligibility, at least for dependants and retirees? My ID is scanned on entry to the local AFB. If not in DEERS you are turned away. Enrollment Is mandatory. Must be important. Regardless, I have never heard of such a sweeping government IT system being down for days.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Agree. The amount of emails I would get from PSD stating that DEERS or the ID card machines were down each month is kind of embarrassing. It's not PSD's fault, but it affects a lot of people daily.

I've been intentionally holding onto my CAC for medical reasons until the bitter end. I'm hoping I don't get burned when I show up with only 2 days left of being able to get on base to get our new IDs.