• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Choice between Flying Billets in Japan or Georgia...

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
So I spoke to my detailer today (information warfare) and i specifically asked him about flight duty and of course, my ideal billet(flight duty in hawaii) had no availability, so he gave me three other options.

1. 30 months Flight Duty in Misawa, Japan
2. 36 months Flight Duty in Fort Gordon, Georgia
3. Shore Duty (watch standing?) in Hawaii.

Well given that I wanna fly, that leaves Japan and Georgia... which would you recommend???

How is Misawa, Japan?
How is Ft. Gordon, Georgia?

oh and another question...
after the 5 weeks of follow-on school after i graduate OCS, i have to go through 2 and half months of training (flight training, SERE, swim, etc...) if I wanna take the flying billet... can you experienced folks shed some light on how those trainings are?

any information (i know nothing) would be extremely helpful...

oh and i'm 25 years old, and single if that matters
icon10.gif

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
So I spoke to my detailer today ...

In a heartbeat I would go for Misawa. Flew in Willy Victors out of there many years ago. Gets rather cold in winter, but I loved it.

All my life I have tried to stay away from Georgia, managed so far, so cannot help you there.

Kunia is not that bad. Gets to be boring but back in the day much TDY available to one if they want.

Flight training, piece of cake. SERE, you are just going to have to wait to until you get there for information on that.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Misawa should be a no-brainer. Eventually you'll probably get old, married, child-infested, and fear the idea of overseas duty.

As for the follow on training - definitely worth it. In fact, it'll make a significant contribution to the "what I did on my summer vacation"/"bucket list" file.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Never been to Misawa, but loved my time in Japan.

You can live in the states whenever you want. Take the adventure of overseas orders when you're young enough to enjoy it.

Go Misawa.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Misawa. Great BOQ, nice club. Weather can kind of suck, though - can be foggy/cold. Good proximity to the Blue Route, one of the best low levels out there.