• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC CH-53E Recovers UH-1Y in Okinawa...

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Meh..This was a poorly rigged sling coupled with some soft sand.

I've seen worse. You should see what happens when artillery guys rig their tubes. Somehow, a bunch of duct tape around a group of straps is supposed to be able to replace a purpose built fitting. Results = artillery piece dropped from 20-30 ft and the tube is bent. Happened one AT at Camp Blanding.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’m not going to argue with you about it. You’re welcome to your opinion.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
“I don’t know how quotations work but I like to make misleading statements...”

-Chuck
Sorry I was poking fun at the situation and clearly m,y humor did not come through!

If you've ever received a speeding ticket in Japan (or traffic infraction of any kind) you know that the justice system there requires you to go to the court and make a very obtuse apology, saying how deeply uyou have shamed your family for going 20 KM/h over the posted speed limit. Even more so if you are a foreigner. That was the context I was thinking of - poor SecDef Mad Dog having to vomit an apology in the most ridiculous fashion possible to show our deepest contrition. Oh and the phone call prior with Sec State Tillerson - "Rex, I can't believe I've got to apologize to these fuckers, whats the protocol..."

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Still not sure why we kowtow to these fuckers. They lost, we won, spoils to the winners. They should be blaming their own ancestors for us being there, not the pilots making precautionary landings.

Time to #MOGA...

Pags

N/A
pilot
Still not sure why we kowtow to these fuckers. They lost, we won, spoils to the winners. They should be blaming their own ancestors for us being there, not the pilots making precautionary landings.

Time to #MOGA...
Because things are done differently in that part of the world and it’s not a hill to die on. If someone making a public apology fulfills the Japanese cultural requirement and enables a VERY important relationship to endure then what's the harm? It may seem like Kabuki theater but Kabuki theater is part of Japan.