• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bronco II

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I agree. The press release masquerading as an article is pretty spiffy.
Really? You have never seen a trade publication? The majority of trade and even many professional publications are nothing more than a collection of promotional articles. They solicite articles from industry and their content is rarely original organic product resulting from reporting or research.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I agree. The press release masquerading as an article is pretty spiffy.

Well...I mean, it does say "INDUSTRY NEWS RELEASE" right at the top, as the by-line.

I think what DoD market there is for manned ISR/COIN/whatever is probably eaten up with the A-29/AT-6 slap-fight. But I could potentially see them successfully marketing this to DHS or overseas.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
C4I. :rolleyes:

"Does it have a computer on board? Yes? Great, let's add that to the acronym!"
Cool...that means I can now claim, when I’m flying, that I use a PAGSC2 device. Personal Air Ground Spousal Coomunication and Coordination device. You might call it an iPhone, but I know better.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Really? You have never seen a trade publication? The majority of trade and even many professional publications are nothing more than a collection of promotional articles. They solicite articles from industry and their content is rarely original organic product resulting from reporting or research.

Well...I mean, it does say "INDUSTRY NEWS RELEASE" right at the top, as the by-line.

Sounds like we're all in agreement.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
All of these aircraft - this , the AT-6, A-29 - all are defense / aerospace contractor wet dream. Low capital costs to produce, looks cheap on paper, and lots of high margin post sale service work. I think the A-29 is in the top position - and the fighter mafia in the AF will likely shut it down...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
- and the fighter mafia in the AF will likely shut it down...
Probably right. From the perspective of a guy who spent time on the ground in the recent unpleasantness I think it is a small gap that needs to be filled. From what I can tell, the F-35 simply won't cut it as a loitering, on-call, ground attack machine, it has better things to do. Attack helos are nice, but can't carry the right ordnance needed to really blast a small enemy position. Also, there is something to be said about hauling around a JTAC/FO in the air as the VMOs used to do. Their eyes and skills are always welcome.