• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Barely passed flight physical

cofranc736

I recently went to NAS Pensacola to have my flight physical administered for a USMC SNA contract. My vision in my right eye is 20/20, however, my left eye is 20/40 (barely passing). I will be up on the board in July for a contract. My eyes are good enough now to pass and be selected, but my question is what happens if my left eye gets worse than 20/40 any time from OCS to TBS and then at Flight School? Will I lose my SNA contract if my eye degrades worse than that minimum standards before earning my wings?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Hydrate, rest, don't read, & watch TV from across the room in the dark for like 3 days. Get tested by a civilian, take your time, and see how you score. I bet you'll do better (unless that's the current routine).

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I take them when my eyes are feeling dry, and I load up when I know I have an upcoming eye exam (usually 4-5 times a day starting one week before my exam). Did so before MEPS and I was a hard 20/20 and I got about 3/4ths of the 20/15 line.